Chapter 18: Whistles and Sneezes

SonicJohnz924 Productions Presents

A Cartoon Playhouse Production

An SJZ Original Crossover

(Cue Music and Intro with Mr. Conductor/Me singing "Shining Time Station")

THE ADVENTURES OF THOMAS AND BLUEY

🎵 Reach for the Speed, reach for the whistle. Go where the rails may run. Reach for the words, Reach for the Story; Follow the Rainbow Sun to a Shining Time Station; where dreams can come true. Waiting there for you...

Based on the Railway Series by The Rev. W. Awdry and Christopher Awdry

The "Thomas and Friends" TV Series by Britt Allcroft and David Mitton

And the "Bluey" Characters Created by Joe Brumm

Chapter 18: "Whistles and Sneezes" 

Told by Mark Morhagan

"Welcome to Sodor, Pop. 75,000, give or take..."

Created by John Andrews 

Remember when I told you Henry and Chloe pulling the express on occasion might have made Gordon and Judo Jealous? Well, it's true. A few days after Henry returned from Crewe and pulled the "Wild Nor'Wester" He was cross.

Gordon: Why should Henry have a new shape? A shape good enough for me is good enough for him! He goes gallivanting off to Crewe on the mainland and then comes back saying how happy he and Chloe are! It's just disgraceful! 

(Continued) Oh, and another thing: Henry whistles too much! I mean, no respectable engine whistles loudly at stations every time! It isn't wrong, but we just don't do it! 

Poor Henry sighed. He didn't feel happy anymore. 

Percy: Never mind, Henry. I'm glad you're home again. Besides, Bingo and I like your whistling. 

Bingo: It's a nice and low tone too. Bluey says she likes it too. 

Gordon: (as he leaves) Goodbye, Henry! We're glad to have you and Chloe with us again, but remember what I said about whistling!

Later, Henry and Chloe were taking their usual stopping service, and presently, they came to Wellsworth, which is also known as Edward's Station. 

Edward: Hello, Henry! You sure look splendid. Indy and I were pleased to hear your happy whistle yesterday. 

Henry: (smiles) Thank you, Edward.

Indy: By The way, what type of whistle is it?

Chloe: Oh, the people at Crewe told me it's called a "Hooter" Whistle. It makes a low and deep sound, perfect for alerting passengers when we are picking them up or dropping them off at stations. 

Edward: Exactly. You sure know your whistles, Chloe! 

Chloe: Thanks, Edward and Indy. 

Indy: Anytime my... 

Chloe: Shh! Shh! Can you hear something?  

They listened and heard a shrill noise that sounded like a high-pitched whistle. It grew louder and louder as it approached. 

Edward: It sounds like Gordon! And it ought to be Gordon, but Gordon never whistles like that! 

Indy: Well I'll be a horse's aunt! Look at that! 

It was Gordon! He and Judo came down the hill at a tremendous rate! They didn't look at Henry and Chloe, and they didn't look at Edward and Indy. Gordon was purple in the boiler, and whistling fit to burst. Judo found the whistling sound too loud for her little ears to handle, so she covered them up. They screamed through Wellsworth and disappeared!