12. Dad's big speech

𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓴𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 800 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓼!!!
・Moon・

"Sorry what? Okay."
Moon sighed. Of course she was invited to her dad's party. Happy 6th anniversary to your business! The other day she was invited to her dad's mother's sister's birthday. Too many parties to attend for her family. Moon was sure she couldn't make it. Her father never missed a chance to have more excuses to get away from the flirty managers. He hated those.

"Moon?" Her mother said, "it's time to get dressed for your dad's anniversary!"

"Be right there mom." Moon signed and put down her phone. She walked over to see what her mother had picked out. That's when she saw a big dumb flowerly dress.

"MOM! You know I hate those big dresses!" Moon exclaimed, backing away slowly.

"Moon, this is a special day for your father." She said, looking at the desk. "You may even make friends."

Moon scoffed, "Mom, I never did. What makes you think that I would this time?"

Her mom sighed. "Moony, people will bring their kids and babies. You will this time. I promise you." Moon rolled her eyes. Her mother said that every time. It never happened. She could never fit in. Her mother paid a fee to ignore the harsh training others had to take. Moon admired her mother's ways, yet yearned to be taught the ancient legends of their traditions. Moon sighed as her mother picked out a better dress for her.

"Here we go." her mom muttered, "Moon, my dear? What about this?" The dress was beautiful and better for Moon's body and style. Moon gasped. It was covered with crescent moons there was a waist band you could adjust. Perfect for Moon.

"It's beautiful." Moon said. Secretkeeper smiled and started to help Moon put it on.

~𝔸𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕪~

Moon went to her usual corner. No one disturbed her there. It was better than having to talk to people. Her father had said the usual compliments to her and left. Nothing to do until she had to hear her father's speech. "Ahem" She heard. She looked up from her book. Her father's speech is about to start.

"Hello co-workers and families!" Morrowseer said, raising his arms for silence, "Back at this party again. I have met every one of you and your personalities are just," He dad stopped." Disgusting." Everyone gasped. Moon stared at him. Her father worked so hard at this place for his rank. She couldn't believe her father would do this.

"I thought you were head over heels for us, am I wrong?" A co-worker said, pouting. Her mother started to advance with fists up.

"Sorry? I thought I was his wife now." Her mom's eyes filled with anger. Moon couldn't help but watch her mom stomp towards the person.

"Dear Secretkeeper, no need to fight. Those," her dad gagged," dumb b!t(hes." He coughed." Anyway, everyone... I QUIT. I am who I am. NOT your little toy." Moon gasped as her father showed scars. Tons of thousands of scars. Her mother yelled in anger. Moon had never seen her this angry. Never. She watched as her mother started to take on a dragon form. Fire came from her mouth, the dragon grabbed Moon and put her in between her mother's wings. Moon saw her father climb on quickly. Secret keeper knew that meant, to go home.

566 words