Five

Chicago sucked his cigarette as he looked over the balcony at the green lawn and foggy skies. It has been raining just a few minutes ago and now light drizzle was falling from the skies. He was only in his navy blue silk pyjama pants.

"Jesus Christ Chicago, what are you doing out here without at least putting on a jersey?" Igor asked, as he shivers and rubbing his arms although he had a dark grey sweater on.

Chicago turned to look at Igor as the guy stood beside him, glaring at the burning cigarette in his hand. Just last night he was complaining to Chicago that he needs to slow down on the toxic things. He had nothing against cigarette, he smokes one once in a while but he noticed Chicago was getting extensive with them lately.

Chicago flicked the ash off the cigarette before letting it fall from between his fingers and watched it land in the pool of water on the concrete. It was nearly finished any ways.

"I had Rosette investigated," he said, catching Igor's attention as his eyes flew up to his own.

"You did what?" He exclaimed.

"I had to know her better if I'm going to try to figure out who killed her," he said.

"There was no need..."

"Oh..." Chicago dragged as he chuckles leaning further against the rails of his balcony. "There was a need!" He exclaimed as well, pointing his index finger up.

Igor frowned, wrapping his arms around himself tighter. Whether from the cold or disbelief of what Chicago was trying to insinuate.

"First I found out, her real name is Micaela Greenstone..."

"Micaela?" Igor mumbled confused.

Chicago nodded.

"She is from Caroline, however when she turned nineteen she moved to Houston with her then boyfriend Kendrick McKenzie! And that is where it all get juicy," he said with humor in his voice.

Igor's frown deepen at the information.

"I had Xavier, my contact to do some digging on this Kendrick McKenzie guy," he swat his hand dismissively. "And guess what he found?"

Igor could not bring himself to even breathe so he just stared at Chicago waiting for the guy to continue.

"He is a fuckin' criminal! He was involved in heists and robberies. Their last heist was a bank located in Dallas. However, a few weeks later he rocked up dead, and the three hundred thousand dollars he had as his share was gone! Guess who else was gone?"

"Rosette?" Igor breathed weakly.

"Micaela Greenstone!" Chicago corrected a little impatient.

Igor was silent for a while, looking into the fog as he processed everything.

"That is just a summary of Micaela Greenstone. How do you know she is Rosette Crimson?"

"Because the last we heard of Micaela Greenstone is eleven years ago and that was when Rosette Crimson was born. And she was not living in Caroline but in Denvers! There is no one known as Rosette Crimson in Caroline! That is where she messed up big time. But we do find a Micaela Greenstone, who lost her family in a fire when she was five and was placed in the local orphanage. Passed from foster home to foster home. Her last parents being Azeia and Gr..."

"Grace Windhoek," Igor breathed her foster mother's name.

"Oh wow! She even told you that. That was reckless of her," Chicago chuckled amused. "You sure know how to pick them Igor!" He chuckled again.

Tears glimmered in his eyes as he drowns in disbelief at the same time feeling betrayed.

"You're not getting emotional, are you?" Chicago asked, a frown creased on his face.