Twenty-two

Chicago tossed his finished cigarette over the balcony as he turned to face Igor, who just told him a few days ago that his superiors took the deal and he was to work for them. He hated the idea of working with cops but what else could he do? Relationships came with compromise. And telling Vincent was the worst ordeal, as the man cursed him out, before the line went dead, before calling the next day to celebrate that he now has an informant in the FBI. Vincent was a weird man who thought like one too.

"I think we should start looking for a new place," he said, looking at Igor who was too busy digging at his coconut.

His eyes shot up, tossing the coconut shell on the table that is always on the balcony.

"Are you broke already? You quit your job a few days ago, Cago. I thought you were worth a higher net-worth than a cleaner..."

"I am worth a higher net-worth than you, you asshole!" Chicago scolded, laughing as well.

Igor sighed, dramatically clutching his chest.

"That was a deal breaker. You're my sugar daddy not the other way around," he said.

Chicago laughed shaking his head, because that was not true. Yes, he did pay for most things because he wants too, but Igor could afford just as much and pays for other things. Although, Chicago easily ranked as a billionaire, Igor was sure a millionaire. They never talk about money because people who have it, don't need to talk about it.

"Then why do you need a new place? I thought you like it here. And I've grown attached to it," he said, standing beside Chicago.

Chicago shrugged, looking down over the balcony.

"I do. But I want a fresh start. And I think a new home with fresh memories will be best. Beside, this place screams Chicago Bullock. We need the soft shades and structures that say, Igor. My beautiful Igor Oblast," he said, pinching his cheek.

Igor chuckled swatting Chicago's hand away from his cheek.

"You want us to get a place together?"

"Don't you?"

"I mean, Chicago you never wanted me to move in here and now you want us to buy a place together?"

"I never wanted you to move in because I had a lot to hide. And, I did not want you to get attached to me and me get attached to you when we were not going to last," he explained.

"And now you think we're going to last?" Igor asked with a huge annoying grin on his face.

Chicago huffed, waving his hand.

"You know what, forget about it," he scoffed, walking away from Igor.

Igor laughed gripping his wrist.

"Okay, okay, I'll call Lizzy. She's the best estate agent I know. What's the budget?" He asked excitedly. "Nevermind, I'll tell her to have fun. Money not a problem. Should we go for small or big?" He asked, basically bouncing on his heels.

"Medium. A small place with you will drive me insane. A huge place gives me anxiety," he said, smiling at a bouncing Igor.

"I'm sorry, I'm not used to the commitment, Cago! I'm bursting with joy," he said, hurriedly going to retrieve his phone from the kitchen counter.

"Literally," Chicago chuckled, as Igor places his phone on his ear.

"Hello, Lizzy!" He practically screamed to the phone. "Yes, it's Igor," he rolled his eyes pointing at his phone, making Chicago to laugh. "Because I need you to find me a medium sized double storey," he said. "To buy!" He answered Lizzy's question. "Alright, thank you. Bye!" He said, before grinning at Chicago after the call ended.