Eighteen

"What!" Chicago exclaimed out of shock.

Vincent laughed.

"You're like a son I've always wished to have unlike those two loose cannons I call children. You remind me of myself, Chicago, except now of course!" He scoffed, waving his hand as if swatting a fly. "But I want you to keep coming to visit me. Alone, of course. I still don't trust him," he declared, giving Igor a side eye. "That is my condition. If not, then I decline the offer," he huffed.

"Be reasonable here, Vincent!" Igor said sternly.

"Igor, lunch once a month is not a big deal. He's being more generous than I had pen him out to be," Chicago said softly.

Vincent chuckled, as Igor sighed. He did not want Vincent to be part of their lives anymore but the man was keen to ensure that he sticks around even if he is just a wallpaper in the background. Igor hated this, but what choice did he have than to accept a Sunday lunch once a month. So, against his will he nodded.

"Thank you," Chicago whispered, knowing how much it weighed Igor down to even agree to this.

Vincent stood up and walked towards Chicago. He crouched down next to him and turned his chair so he faced him. He fixed his jacket, dusting nothing off it.

"Listen, Chicago, I am very fond of you. From the very first day I laid my eyes on you I knew you were one special boy. You even lured an FBI agent to fall in love with you. Not for a split second should you think I'm happy with this. I view this as betrayal, Chicago. And I do not take kindly to that. If it was not for the immunity, I would kill you Chicago. Do you understand?" He looked up at Chicago, locking their eyes.

Chicago nodded having no doubt about it.

"If he fails to uphold his end of the bargain, you're the one I will kill although it will pain me so much to see a man like you perish like dust," he said.

"Dust to dust. The Bible says so," Chicago joked with a tiny chuckle to accompany it.

Vincent smiled, taking off his most precious watch from his wrist and slipped it on Chicago's wrist.

"But I'll always have your back. If you need me, Chicago, call me. If he leaves your ass out in the cold, always know you have a home here," he said and then grabbed his chin tilting his head down so their eyes meet again. "But if you betray me, Chicago, I will kill him. And that will not pain me," he said threateningly.

"Loud and clear," Chicago said with a bit of sarcasm which Vincent chose to ignore because he knew Chicago has an attitude that annoys him to no end sometimes.

He stood up and rubbed his hands, walking around the desk.

"Now get the hell out of my office. I officially hate anything to do with love," he gagged as he sat on his chair.

Chicago chuckled as he stood up and Igor doing the same. When they got to the door Igor stopped and looked at the man who was swaying side to side on his chair.

"I'll have my eyes on you, Vincent. One wrong move and the deal is off!" He declared sternly.

Vincent's laugh bounced off the walls as both men left the study.

"See you next month, Chicago!" Vincent shouted, even as he laughs.

Igor groaned, rolling his eyes.

"He is so infuriating!" He growled, clenching his fists.

Chicago chuckled, taking Igor's hand into his as they walked down the hall.

"He was in a good mood today. Good mood Vincent is better than the bad mood one. We should probably thank the dead pregnant woman for blowing off his steam before we arrived," he said with a light chuckle.