Three

Chicago was sitting on a counter, eating his scrambled eggs, bacon, and toasted bread. He sipped his coffee, scrolling through his phone. He looked up when he heard footsteps approaching him. Igor had slept in the spare bedroom last night after they had finished watching the movie. It was slightly awkward but bearable.

"They fit. You look nice in those," Chicago commented, as he eyes Igor up and down.

Igor was wearing Chicago's brown sweatpants and black t-shirt, and they were a perfect fit.

"I honestly don't know why you have oversized clothes," he grumbled as he leans against the counter.

"Perhaps I had gained weight."

Igor laughed, his grey eyes sparkling with life for the first time since he got to Chicago's apartment. The lines beside his mouth deepening. He has surely aged well over the years. Chicago swore the guy got finer by the years. He aged like wine.

"I'm sorry, but I can't imagine you with some fat on your body," he said still laughing.

Chicago faked gasped.

"What are you saying? You do not think I'd make a fine ass chubby bear?"

Igor laughed harder shaking his head. He even hiccuped trying to seize his laugh, as he continuosly wipes the tears of mirth sliding down the corner of his eyes.

"You'd look like a giant potato," he struggled to construct the sentence clearly as he could not stop laughing.

Chicago laughed shaking his head, before grabbing a strip of bacon and taking a bite.

"You look good by the way. They weren't playing when they said black don't crack," he said once his laugh stopped.

Chicago took a sip of his coffee to stop the smile that was threatening to blossom from becoming evident. He could not believe Igor still makes him blush like a teen boy.

"Are you flirting with me?" He teased, as he licks the liquid that stuck to his lips.

"Made that mistake once, never again," Igor deadpan, before grabbing a slice of toast from Chicago's plate and taking a bite.

Chicago subtle drew a deep breath as he felt like someone just punched him in the guts.

"I made you breakfasts. It's in the microwave," he informed as he watched Igor place the slice of toast back on his plate.

Igor smiled before taking Chicago's mug and drew a sip from it and then placed the mug down before going to the microwave to retrieve his own food.

"Rosette? You said she was pregnant?" Chicago asked out of curiosity.

Igor's frame stiffened at the mention of pregnancy.

"Yeah," his voice was a bit strained as he makes his own cup of coffee. He cleared his throat. "It was not planned. It was actually sooner than we would have wanted," he unveiled.

"Is that why you proposed?"

Igor shrugged as he made his way back to the counter and sat beside Chicago, making Chicago to twist his body towards him.

"Mainly that was the reason, but not the only reason."

"What other reason could there be?" Chicago asked outrageously.

Igor chuckled as he shoves some scrambled eggs in his mouth.

"Love? Ever thought of that?"

"So you loved her?" Chicago asked with a deepening frown.

Igor shrugged, sipping his own coffee this time.

"So, you're back to killing people?" Igor rather asked, throwing Chicago off guard as he jerked back as if someone spit on his face. "I mean after all you were hired to kill Rose. You'll never change, would you? Not even seven years can break you," he said.