Twenty

Chicago glared at the small two bedroom house, that had a red cherry door. The plants outside were dried out due to seasonal change. Igor chuckled, looking at Chicago and then at Jennie and Zain's house. From the sight of a blue Volkswagen packed next to them, he knew Melinda was also in there.

"They're looking forward to meet you," Igor said reassuringly.

"They don't know it's me," Chicago grumbled.

"Well, that's a good thing. They'll be too surprised to even react harshly," he said.

"Or they'll be too surprised that they'll act on impulse. I can lose my life in there," he countered.

Igor chuckled finding amusement in all this. Chicago could sit through a conversation with Vincent a crazy assassin leader, but was mortified by the thought of having lunch with his three law abiding friends.

"You'll be fine. I promise," he said reassuringly again, holding Chicago's hand.

"Are you sure I cannot bring a gun?" He asked slowly looking over at Igor.

Igor laughed, patting the back of his hand.

"There's no need," he said before slipping out of the car.

Chicago breathed, still not seeing the need to make amends with people that loathed him. But still he opened the door and slid out of the car. Igor held his hand and together they walked up to the red cherry door. Igor pulled the gold ring on the door and pound it against the door a few times, before waiting patiently to be attended too.

The door was yanked open by a beautiful blonde, with a wide grin that fell immediately when it landed on Chicago. Her eyes slowly moved back to Igor, with a slight tilt to her head and eyes that said, 'really?'

"Mel, is he there? Is that him?" Jennie shouted from the house.

All Melinda did was step aside still staring at Igor as they walked in. Chicago gulped, well one reaction down and two to go. They walked further into the house, hearing the door click close making Chicago jump slightly. There goes his emergency exit. They walked further into the house, entering the living room and Melinda followed behind. Honestly, Chicago was a little uncomfortable having Melinda where he could not see him, but he tried to remain calm.

Jennie's smile withered in slow motion, her eyes moving to Chicago just as slow. It was almost funny, if it wasn't for the twitch on her upper lip, Chicago would have laughed.

"Igor?" Jennie questioned, still her eyes on Chicago.

"Where is Zain? I have not seen him in like forever," he chuckled, pulling Chicago towards the couch.

"Igor?" Jennie questioned again, her eyes moving with them as they sat on her couch.

"Jennie, if you keep calling my name like that I'll start thinking you lost your mind," Igor teased and laughed at the slowly growing red volcano.

"You're the one losing your mind! What are you thinking bringing this man into my home!" Jennie snapped, her fists balled beside her hips.

"I told you, I want you to meet my boyfriend," he said casually, Chicago almost shit his pants.

He is going to die today! His boyfriend is ignorant and Jennie is ready to murder. Yep! He is dying today!

"Boyfriend? Did you just say boyfriend?" Jennie asked with a confused frown.

"Have you lost your goddamn mind?" Melinda shouted, stomping further into the room, standing opposite them with only the coffee table separating them.

"He has lost his mind," Jennie breathed. "Oh my god, he lost his mind," she cried, flaring her hands in the air. "He said boyfriend, right?" she asked Melinda who was fuming, glaring daggers at Igor who was too relaxed for Chicago's liking.