Twelve

Igor immediately got up from the stool and practically ran to the door and yanked it further open. His eyes were wide as he looked at his family.

"Mom, dad, what are you guys doing here?" He also asked the same question, before his eyes shifted to Julianna then back to his parents.

Kayla scoffed, pushing him back and brushing past Chicago walking into the apartment. Igor followed his mother in, as Chicago smiled at Andrea and Julianna as they too waltz into his apartment like it's their home.

"Igor! How can you just disappear without telling anyone? We've been searching for you!" Kayla scolded like the mother she is, as she places her black purse on the counter.

She looked good in her knee-length body hugging blue dress, her feet fitted in white pump red bottom heels.

"I'm so sorry. My mind has been preoccupied..."

"With a boy! Instead of grieving for your girlfriend, you're having the time of your life with your ex-boyfriend! Igor!" Kayla groaned, frustration sipping out of her.

"We raised you better than this son," said Andrea as he came to stand beside his wife, hooking his arm over her shoulders. "We respect the dead," he added, and no one had to question how disappointed he was because it reflected on his face.

"I know. I'm sorry," Igor muttered feeling so small.

"Make this make sense, Igor! Who just disappears after their partner passes on without a word. What were we supposed to think? We were worried sick!" Kayla came in again.

"Everything just got too much, ma. I didn't think..."

"Of course you didn't think! I even asked your colleagues where you are but no one knew of you. Until Melinda made a ridiculous assumption that maybe...just maybe you went to seek comfort from someone you love! Aha!" She exclaimed clapping her hands looking around her, "her claims were not ridiculous after all!"

"Why would you think, Chicago would be the place I'd come to for comfort?" Igor asked a little bit too perplexed.

Kayla rolled her eyes and Andrea stared at him with a blank face.

"Really, Igor? The day you two broke up you were like a zombie thrown off a plane. Even a blind man can see where your heart lied. Even Rose did not make you as happy as he did," Julianna replied, tucking her blonde bob hair behind her ear.

Julianna looked splendid in her white suit and black high heels. She had abandoned her black Chanel bag on the couch.

"I honestly don't know what you saw in that girl," she added in a bored tone, earning a smack on her arm delivered by her mother. "Ow!" She whined.

"We respect the dead, Julianna!" She hissed.

"It's not like you liked her! You kept asking why did Igor leave Chicago, and if they'll ever fix things," Julianna exposed.

Kayla blushed even as she glared at her daughter.

"Still, Julianna! We respect the dead!" She hissed, before turning around and her eyes locked with Chicago's own making her blush even harder. "Hello, Chicago. Sorry to barge into your home," she said timidly.

"Micasa su casa, Mrs. Oblast," he said charmingly as he plasters that heart melting smile on his face.

Kayla looked back at Igor. Her eyes went up and down. Up and down again.

"You look really good Igor. Better than you were a few weeks ago. Being here has truly done some good..."

"Even more reason for you to adore your favourite son-in-law," Julianna teased, making her mother blush against her will. She grumbled under her breath, before looking back up at her son. "So, are you two back together?" She asked.