-1-

Eleanor's POV -> her family home, Barry island.

Barry island. I've lived here my whole life, more or less. I was born here, my mum and dad were brought up here. My whole family live here, besides Jase.

The best thing about Barry was my dad, Trevor. When he passed away, it felt like my whole world literally crushed. My uncle Bryn promised my dad he would look after me, and he has never broken that promise. I look up to Bryn like he's my father.

My mum, Gwen, is my best friend. She's the most amazing woman I've ever met. She's so thoughtful and makes veryyyy tasty omelettes.

Stacey is my older sister by almost 4 years, despite her being older I feel like the older sister most of the time. Besides this, she's one of my best friends. As well as Nessa of course, Nessa is.. actually I'm unsure of Nessa age. I don't think anyone is completely sure. None the less, she's a great friend.

I'm standing at the dining table, helping mum lay out some cutlery for dinner, when Stacey walks in.

"Hiya mum, Hiya El" she says, while taking off her bag and jacket. She's just gotten back from her job.

"Hiya love" mum smiles.

"Hey stave. Was that Doris out?" I ask my sister, while pulling out a seat sitting down. 

"Yeah" Stacey replies.

"How's her leg?" Mum asks her eldest daughter.

"Fine" Stacey smiles.

Mum looks at Stacey. "That's a nice top, love"

"Is it?" I mumble, only for myself to hear.

"TK Maxx, five quid down from ten"

"Can't go wrong" mum says while holding her hands on her hips. "Fancy an omelette?"

"Aye go on then" Stacey smiles, and walks over to sit beside me.

"Mum, Nessa will be here at six" I inform her, as I read a text message from Nessa on my phone.

"Does she want an omelette?"

"I don't know, Stacey ask her" I tell my sister, as I eat a bit of my omelette.

"Eleanor, I told you to wait for Bryn!" Mum moans, and I look at her, folding my lips into my mouth.

"Sorry, mum" I shrug and she giggles.

"It's okay, love. Just don't full yourself up too quick. I have trifle for desert!"

"She don't want one" Stacey says.

"And will you make sure you stay with Nessa and Stacey at all times, don't let them out of your sight!" Mum tells me, as she's cutting up her omelette.

"Mum.. it's Stacey who's meeting the guy. It's her you should be having this conversation with"

"I know, love. But you're still like a little girl to me, I just want you to be safe" she smiles, I can't help but smile back.

I nod. "Mum, I'll be fine"

"I'm there to look after her too" Stacey grins.

"And to be completely honest, I'm more safe than Nessa" I chuckle, taking a bite of my omelette.

"She's a big girl love. She gets it from her father. We don't know anything about this gav, don't we not, Eleanor. He could be a pedophile for all we know" mum suggests, looking at me for my opinion.

"Well he wouldn't be interested in me then would he? More like Eleanor" Stacey says, I kick her gently from under the table.

"Hey!"