-14-

WELCOME🤍👶🏼

WELCOME🤍👶🏼

I breathe in and out very slowly and steady, I'm on the couch with Pam. Gavin and Mick are at work.

"How far apart have they been love?" Pam asks, her hand gently rubbing my belly comfortingly. She has just come back home from jujitsu with fat no more Pat.

"2 minutes or so"

"Oh my Christ!" He hands cover her face. "So does that mean-"

"I'm definitely having her today" it's currently 11am.

"The boys need to come back- when does Gav finish work?"

"2" I inform her, breathingout. "I can't wait that long, I don't know what to do"

"If you're in this much pain my love we can't wait for them. No matter what I'll stay by your side the whole time" she holds my hand.

"Yeah, I-" I gasp. "Fuck what's just hap-"

I slowly stand up and see water all over my grey dress.

Pam jumps up "oh my Christ! We have got to go right now"

"Gavin!" Pan finally gets a hold of Gav.

"Mum what's wrong? Sorry I was in a meeting-"

"Ellie has just gone into labour!"

"What? You're kidding?"

"Of course I'm not kidding! We are at the hospital right now, we have been given a room"

"Right I'll leave right now, does Gwen know?"

"No she doesn't but I'll give her a ring right now"

"How's ellie?"

"She's on gas and air"

"I'll be there as soon as I can, mum"

"Everything looks perfect, you have nothing to worry about" my midwife informs me, while checking the baby's heartbeat etc.

"Thank you so much" I smile.

"Everything's going to plan, let me just check how dilated you are sweetheart"

It's an uncomfortable feeling.

"8cm"

I gasp. "Already? But my family aren't here yet"

"Sometimes it can take a while to get to 10, it just depends my love. I'll come and check you again in an hour" she exits the room.

"Ellie?" I hear a familiar voice down the hallway.

"Oh thank goodness" Pam sighs.

Gavin pops his head into the room, and sighs of relief when he finally found us. "Thank god" he runs to my side. "How are you?"