-10- part one

Appreciation mention to ErinClough and lillysmithy4 thanks so much for the love guys🩷

Appreciation mention to ErinClough  and lillysmithy4 thanks so much for the love guys🩷

CHRISTMAS 2009
Their first Christmas together- but not their last. <3

Short part as an intro to the Christmas Special 🤍

The last few weeks have been the most stressful few of my life. Trying to come up with the most perfect surprise for Gavin was so difficult, I just want to burst and tell him the news.

We had been on a few nights out- with his friends and his family. Both times was so hard to tell him why I'm not drinking, I didn't wanna give the surprise away.

I pulled out excuses like "im driving" "im having a night off" but every time he looked unconvinced.

Also, Nessa gave birth! She welcomed the baby very early but he's happy and healthy.

He's called Neil, named after Nessas Dad and also smithy. I sometimes forget that smithy's name is Neil. 

I was making my way through M&S, doing some last minute shopping. Christmas Eve is NOT a good day to do last minute shopping.

"Ellie! Ellie!" Smithy runs towards me. My car keys in one hand and my bag in the other.

"Oh hi smith. What are you doing here?" I ask, a little surpised to see him.

"I need your help with presents. Can you help me? Gavins working" he says as we walk down the isles together.

"Course. What do you need?" I ask my friend.

"Towel for nana Joyce, towel for Jackie Collins. Need some CDs for Rudy"

I nod. "Trip to primark and hmv?"

"You read my mind" he says as we walk out of M&S.

"What have you got for Nessa?" I ask my friend as we make our way to Primark.

"There's something I need to talk to you about" he mumbles as we grab what we need in primark.

I look at him confused, but I nod. I grab a new pair of silk pyjamas and we go to the cash desk.

"I need to show you something" he says and holds my arm to stop me waking ahead. We stop beside a jewellery shop.

I look at him with my eyebrows risen. "A ring?" I ask as he points to one in the window.

"I want to buy her a ring"

"A ring ring?!"

"An engagement ring" he nods.

"Smithy! Do it omg" I excitedly grab his arm and pull him into the shop.

We make our way to the other shops we needed and then ended up in Costa.

He bought the ring, it's beautiful and I know Nessa will love it.

We sat down at a table with our shopping bags and coffee.

"How's the baby? I haven't been back home in a few weeks"

"He's good" he smiles. "I'm so happy ellie"

I smile to myself. Do I tell him..

"Uhm. Smith?"

"Hm?" He looks at me.

"You're my best mate right?"

He nods. "Course"

"And if I asked you to keep a secret, you'd promise to keep it to yourself?"

"What's this about.." he asks.

I bite the bullet.

"Im pregnant"

His jaw drops. "You're what?"

"I haven't told Gavin yet. Im surprising him tomorrow. I haven't told my mum, I've told no one. Im so nervous and I had to tell you"

"Eleanor what the fuck? That's amazing news im so happy for you! How are you gonna break the news to Gav?"

"I've got a plan. But im a little bit stuck. Should I tell the whole family at the same time? Or do I tell Gavin tonight just us two. And then we can tell our family tomorrow?"

He nods. "Tell him yourself tonight"

I nod. "I agree. They're on their way up from Barry right now"

"That's good, you missed them?" He asks.

"Yeah a lot. I love staying in Essex though, I need to decide if it's a permanent move. I also have an interview for the same job I have at home but at the hospital here. I haven't told Gav yet incade I don't get it.. but what if I get the job and he doesn't want to move in together?"

"You're worrying for nothing. He told me he can't wait to live with you"

"I can't belibe it's Niels first Christmas tomorrow" I change the subject with a smile.

"Me too. Can't wait to see my boy"