-3-

Eleanor's POV

- 1349 words -

The past few weeks have been great. Stacey and Gavin are together long distance for now, and I've grown a lot closer to Gavin and Smithy.

After the trip to London, I made my way over to Essex with Smithy and Gavin. Why? To party. I love Barry, but the place is so dead. There's no bard apart from The Dolphin but I refuse to go there because Bryn is always there with Stacey's ex fiancé. Or fiancés.

Gavin, smithy and I were planned to go to a foam party to bring back old times, but Gavin drove all the way back to Barry to see stacey. Smithy and I still went, since that night he became one of my best friends. Even though it's only been a few weeks, I can tell we will be friends for a long time. Gavin as well, he's great. Though stacey is a little obsessive over him. I don't think she liked the fact I'm so friendly with him.. but nothing is going on. We are friends.

I've learned a lot about smithy the last few weeks. I know he has a cracking sister who's the same age as I am. Rudy, she's such a laugh. And I also know his mum isn't always present in his life. My heart truly hurts for him, but Pamela and Mick make up for it.

Pam and Mick are the loveliest couple ever who also happen to be Stacey's in laws. I've met them, they're amazing. If I could pick my in laws it would be them..

It's currently 9 am, I'm 4 hours into my 10 hour long shift. In the past 4 hours, we welcomed a little girl named Ivy and a little boy called Harris into the world. I'm on my break, I don't have any patients for the next while.

I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket, I sigh wondering who would call me at this time in the morning.

"Hello?" I say through the phone, ticking hair behind my ear.

"Eleanor, somethings happened" an upset Stacey says.

"What? What happened?" I ask, panicking.

"Can you meet me at home?"

I sigh. "This better be good Stacey" I hang up.

Being head midwife was a dream come true. I hate leaving work early, it's like an escape from reality.

I arrive back home still in my work unfiorm.

"What's going on?" I ask Stacey as I her sobbing at the dining table.

"What did I do wrong? What's so good about her?" She asks mum.

"Did he find out about the engagements?" I ask, weary of how I word it.

"No! We agree not to discuss it Eleanor" mum says.

"Did we? Doesn't he deserve to know?" I ask, and the door bell rings.

"Shit" I mumble.

"El I swear to god if you tell him-" Stacey starts.

"I'll get it" Nessa says, referring to the door bell. "Come with me el"

I bite my lip of nerves, and follow her.

She opens the door, to be faced by Gavin.