-15-

LET'S SPEND THE DAY AT BARRY BEACH 🏝️🎢

"Pam! Mick! Ellie! Gavin! Ivy!" Uncle Bryn shouts, hanging his head out of his window. "Up here!"

"Bryn! It was supposed to be a surprise!" I shout up to him. Ivy is wearing a little white frilly sun hat and a white summer dress. We decided last night that we should visit Barry as there is gonna be great weather.

Pete and Dawn were supposed to come, it was their idea! But, they had a fight and he slept in the shed. That bloody ring.

"Wait I'll get dressed, I'm naked" I laugh at bryn.

"Are you excited to see nana and auntie Stacey?" I ask my tiny girl on my hip, she claps her hands together. Gavin is unfolding her pram, I head to the boot of the car to help him out.

"Well that's a fiver I owe Glenda!" Dorris opens her front door.

"Hi Dorris!" Mum smiles.

"Alright Dor?" Mick asks.

"She just emailed me and said it was you and I said I bet ya five quid it isn't and here you are, she's made a twat of me Eleanor!" Doris says, making me laugh. "Oh look, little Ivy isn't she beautiful" she says, while we place her into her Buggy.

"I'll tell you something, Gwen is in for a shock"

"Glenda just text me! She said you were here! Oh my what a shock.. "

"I know, it's a surprise!" Pan hugs mum.

"We fancied a day on the beach" Mick informs mum.

"Oh that sounds lovely.. can we join you?" Mum asks.

"Gwen we would love it. We have everything in the back, like surfboards"

"Well it's a bodyboard, are you coming Dorris?" Mick asks the older woman.

"I haven't been down the island in years!"

"Come on down with us, Dor" I smile to my old neighbour.

"I'll need to fish out for my bikini!" She says, making us all laugh.

"Joking I am, Gav.. one piece it is"

Everyone laughs again. It's clear Dorris has a crush on Gavin, I find it cute.