-10- part two

CHRISTMAS 2009 PART TWO

A very special Christmas Eve for Gavin and Ellie🤍

Eleanor POV -

I'm currently driving back home from my shopping trip with Smithy.

I have about 15 minutes left of the journey back home to Gavins. The only thing that's on my mind is the reveal that is happening tonight.

Smith and I went to a personalised print shop after we had some coffee, we decided on a design to print into a baby grow and we also picked up a gift bag and some tissue paper.

I was singing along to my Spotify playlist that was playing through my car radio, playing Christmas songs. My karaoke session was interrupted by Gavin ringing me through my phone but it's connected to the car. My music stopped and I stopped at the traffic lights and clicked the green answer button.

"Hey gav" I say, driving away again now the light is green.

"Hi babe. You okay? How was shopping, smithy ringed me and told me you both met up" he asks, the background sounds like he's sorting presents in bags. He sounds a tad quiet so I'm assuming I'm on speaker phone.

"Yeah it was good fun. Did he tell you about.. you know?" I didn't know what to say, I wasn't sure if he'd told Gavin about the engagement ring or not.

"He told me yes. I can't believe they're gonna get married" he laughs, like he's shocked. "I'm happy for him. He's asking her tonight, we will all be  together for Christmas Eve anyways. Have you heard from the Barry lot?" He asks.

I place my foot back onto the brake and stop at yet another traffic light. "Yeah. Mum called me before I got into the car and said they're on their way now. It gives us enough time to get everything sorted for tonight" I smile to myself.

Smithy's proposing to Nessa tonight in front of everyone. Gavin thinks that's gonna be the biggest surprise of the night..

"My mum can't wait to have everyone round" Gav says. "Dads just more stressing about the Turkey"

I laugh. "He's been going on about it since October!"

Gavin chuckled. "I know, he just wants it to be perfect for everyone"

We spoke for a while, time really goes fast when I'm talking to him.

"Gav I'm just pulling up into the drive" I say while takign the keys out of my car and holding my phone between my ear and shoulder attempting to take my bags out of the boot.

"See you babe" he says, standing up and hanging up the phone.

I open the door with bags in hand, Gavin is walking towards me. "That's a lot of shopping" he grabs some of my bags and makes his way to the living room.

"Print shop? What's that?" He asks, pointing at the bag he placed on the couch.

"I got a baby grow for Niels Christmas gift" I lie quickly.

"Oh show m-"

"I also got your mum this" I pull out a bouquet of roses, a box of chocolates and a bottle of her favourite perfume. "This is just a little thank you gift to give her tonight from me to thank her for allowing my family to visit for Christmas. And also.."

I lean over to grab another bag, gavin can't hide his grin. A girl has never went to this extent for his parents.

"I got your dad some beer and an after shave- I didn't know what to get him! Men are so hard to buy for" I laugh.

"Baby, you didn't have to do that" he says, while holding onto the gifts. "They'll appreciate this so much"

"It's only a little something to thank them" I smile.

Gavin pulls me into him and kisses my lips gently. "You're incredible. I love you so much, you know that"

I peck his lips back. "I know you do, and I love you too. A whole bunch" I laugh.

He chuckles and kisses the top of my head. "Now, shall we get everything ready for tonight? Mum and dad popped round to Dawn and Pete's to pick them up"

"Let's get sorted" I smile.

Another part to the Christmas special! I actually cannot wait 🥹