Birthday

Janay's birthday is today. It is September 17th. She is 13 years old now. Wow, she is growing up.

We are all going out to eat at the China Buffet in town. Her favorite type of food is Chinese. Jay and I walked through the door. Janay was standing there, she looks gorgeous. She has on purple leggings with gray and purple crop top. She never dresses nice usually she wears just sweatpants and sweatshirts. I wish she wouldn't. She trys to hide her true beauty.

Everyone else arrived and we all went up to get some delightful food. We sat at the table talking. We all talked about the things we remember Janay doing when she was a little girl.

I went to get another plate of egg rolls. As I sat down Jays phone began to ring. Jay looked worriedly at the number he saw on his phone.

"Hello" he said answering the phone. "Yes this is Jay Baker" I sent a confused look to mom. "yes...no...yes...yes...no" he proceeded. "Sure we will be there as soon as possible."

Jay said "let's go" "what is happening?" I asked as I stood up putting on my sweater. "come on" he said already in the doorway. I told my family that we had to leave but I would call them. By the time I got outside he already had the car out front to pick me up at the door. I rush to to car and hop in.

"Jay?" he glanced toward me not saying a word. Pure silence in the car. What happened? Who called? Why is he in silence? Where are we going? Is it Braven? Is Braven okay?