September 19th

Braven is a month old today. It is September 19th. Rick has been in a coma for two days now. Morgan and London are being released from the hospital today.

Braven is 5 pounds and 6 ounces. Braven is also breathing better then ever before. The doctor is letting us see him again and hold him this time. We have only seen him 3 times. At birth, when he was nine days old, and about ten days ago were the only times we have ever seen him. Today is the day we get to hold him.

We figured out the automatic doors were broken when Jay walked straight into it. Instead of using the automatic door we went to the revolving door. We headed to the left, which is a gift shop. I pushed open the door.

"Hello!!" said the cashier. She has long waving red hair and deep green eyes. She is absolutely beautiful. "Hello" Jay replied looking around. "My name is Braelyn. Anything I can help you find?" I jetted to the counter. "Actually yes, I am looking for a teddy bear for our son, Braven." Her eyes got really big. "sure thing, there is a few." she said pointing to the shelf across the store. Jay picked up one that was blue and had a yellow ribbon. Jay paid for the bear and we thanked the cashier.

We climbed the stairs to the NICU. We arrived and checked in. The nurse walked us over to Braven. He is no longer in the incubator he is in his own private little crib.

"Would you like to hold him now?" the nurse asked us. "go ahead Hunny." Jay told me. The nurse picked up our baby boy and handed him to me. He is so tiny, smallest baby I have ever see. I touch his little hand, and looked up at Jay. Jay is crying. I smiled at him as a tear ran down my cheek.

"Jay, you want to hold him?" I asked standing up to give him my seat. He sat down "I'm ready." he confirmed. I handed him our baby. His smile was as wide as can be. Braven started to cry, I giggled a little at the fact he didn't cry when I had him.

"Oh it is his feeding time, would you like to feed him or me sir?" the nurse asked. Jay looked nervous but said he would feed him. The nurse gave him a little bottle and Jay fed him perfectly. After Braven finished eating the nurse had to burp him. She barely tapped Bravens back softly.

The nurse informed us that we had to leave soon because visiting hours are almost over. We both kissed Bravens forhead. We said our goodbyes and our I love yous. I cried more knowing we had to leave him behind.