Baby Braven

Today is September 23rd. Braven has gained a couple more ounces. Braven is 5 pounds and 9 ounces today. His breathing is becoming normal. The doctor is letting us see him again and this time we are taking him home.

We climbed the stairs to the NICU. We arrived and had to check in. The nurse walked us over to Braven in his little crib. "Can I go ahead and hold him?" I asked leaning over the crib. She nodded as she walked over to another crib to take care of a different baby.

I picked Braven up out of the crib. He opened his bright blues. He is absolutely adorable. I sat in the rocking chair nearby. Jay had to go get the car seat so we could take him home. I just sit here rocking back and forth looking at the beautiful baby we have made.

Jay walked over to us and sat the car seat in front of my feet. I gently put Braven down in the car seat. I strapped him in.He is finally come home. This is one of the best days of my life.

Before we can take him home we have to sign a bunch of papers. As we finished up signing everything the nurse comes over to where Braven was sleeping. She whispered "I am going to miss you little buddy" to Braven. I looked over at her and smiled. She handed Jay the schedule that Braven is on. "Some times he doesn't go by this. Most the time his does though." the nurse informed us and walked off.

It was finally time to take our baby home. Jay picked up the car seat. I opened the door so I could go down the stairs first and hold the doors open. We got downstairs and headed to the front entry. Jay handed me Braven so he could pull the van to the front.

Jay put Braven in the back of the van and I sat beside him. I strapped the car seat in tight and made sure he was all buckled up. Jay began to drive home.

At home my parents and Jays parents are waiting to finally meet there newest grandchild for the first time. No one has seen him before except in pictures. We didn't want a bunch of people over because Braven has a high risk of getting sick.

We pulled into the driveway and notice a big bright yellow and blue banner. The banner read "WELCOME HOME FINALLY BABY BRAVEN!" The next thing I notice is our moms expectedly speeding toward us. We haven't even got out to car yet.

I got out and Jay when to get Braven out. We walked in our house. "oh my, you guys, he is as cute as a button" Jays mom said as she picked Braven up out of the car seat carefully. "Wow look at those eyes" my mom noticed. "Yes he is quite the little stud." Jay gloated.

They chatted like this for a half a hour. I began make some lunch. The guys were watching football on the television. Braven began to cry. "hold on I have his schedule somewhere" I said looking through my purse.

Someone scored a touchdown. The boys started shouting and jumping around like they normally do. Braven began to cry louder and louder. I walk over to take him from my mom. Who was trying to calm him down as she gossiped to Jays mother. I pick him up and rocked him. That wasn't working. The team scored another touchdown the boys started acting wild again. Someones phone was ringing. This sounded like a mad house hollering, jumping around, a crying baby, gossiping ladies, and a phone ringing.