Chapter 3: Truth or Dare

Picture of Nolan to the side -------------------------------------------->

Today was Sunday and it was the first hockey 'party' of the season. It was always at Nolan's house, which was huge. There was a party almost every single weekend where the kids would hang and the parents would drink.

It often got really crazy, and ended up in everyone sleeping over in the basement or in their huge living room because the adults were too drunk to drive home. Let's just say I was late to school on Mondays a lot of the time.

So we were in the car driving when Liam turned to me and said something that really took me by surprise. "Lauren, do you like any of the guys on the team?" he said.

"Uh, why?" I asked.

"One of the guys asked me. I can't tell you who." He said, you could tell he was kind of nervous about asking me.

"Does it make you uncomfortable that he asked you about me?" I asked.

"It does a little. In case you haven't noticed, I'm a pretty protective brother." He said, giving me a nervous smile.

"Uh yeah I guess you are a bit protective, i don't know about the pretty part." I joked.

"Thanks. And you can tell me if there's anyone you like I won't tell anyone except for maybe that one person if you like that specific person. Am I confusing you?" He rambled off.

"Nah I got you bro." I said, laughing at how ratchet I was.

"Yeah, so is there anyone at all? I'm going to list off names in no specific order. Nolan, Cameron." He started. It was no surprise he started with those two names, they were his best friends.

"Uh actually." I said.

"Aha! Which one? Nolan or Cameron? Or both? Oooh is it both?" He asked a bunch of questions all at once.

"Uh actually, if you let me continue, I was going to say that I'm not going to tell you if I like anyone or not. I'm not ruining any friendships." I said, crossing my arms and looking at my brother.

"You suck." He said, crossing his arms back at me.

"You suck more." I snapped back at him.

"You suck more than infinity." He said.

"You suck more than infinity times infinity." I said.

"I'm not continuing this argument. Because yours is invalid." He said. We were still in a showdown.

"Mine is NOT invalid therefore, your argument that my argument is invalid, is invalid." I said.

"I have no idea what you just said, so I'm not going to talk to you." He said, looking out the window.

"Yeah, the silent treatment really works well. Especially when we're here." I said, noticing that my dad had just pulled into their huge driveway up to their huge house. It was light blue with white shutters and had a huge basement to hang out in. Did I mention they had a whole frozen over pond in the backyard to skate on, I brought my skates.

As soon as the car was in park we both opened our car doors and walked into the house, silently. When we walked through the door the adults were outside in the backyard while the rest of the team was nowhere to be found.

Since Liam was going outside, I decided to go down to their rather large basement and do weird things because I like to run around like a crazy person in big open spaces.

So i walked down into the carpeted room and put my iPhone on the couch and blasted my music as loud as an iPhone can go without a docking station.

I started dancing/singing around the room laughing at myself most of the time. Then after a little while I looked up to find Nolan staring at me.