Chapter 17: Oh goodness

The rest of the week, Juliette wasn't at school. She came down with bronchitis from someone who had it in our math class. It was a good thing too, because Casey and Brad were on the lookout. I would be lying if I said I didn't want to cry everytime they looked at me. 

Now that I was no longer dating Lucas, or anyone, I was perhaps a target again.

Thursday afternoon, after school Liam, Lucas, Nolan, and Cameron all decided to go to the outlet mall so they could go to the rink and skate at open skate. They practically forced me to go with them.

Nolan made it seem like he was mad at me, when I should be the one mad at him. Which I kind of was, considering he had been sucking face with Amelia the whole week. He pretended like he cared about her hurting me but he was obviously faking it. 

In case you're wondering about my bruise, it still hurts like hell, some of the darker colors faded into lighter ones or skin color. 

I was pretty sure Nolan was not going to talk to me the whole ride there, and guess who I had to sit next to in the back of Liam's green explorer. I was stuck in between both my best buddy Nolan and Cameron, my number one fan.

Yeah no.

I would much rather be in the passenger and stick Lucas in the back, but my brother insisted I sit in the back. Happy day.

"Hey Lauren." Lucas said, walking into step with me as I walked ever so slowly to my brother's car.

"Hi Lucas." I said in an extremely depressed sounding voice.

"Do you want a cookie?" He asked, in a little kid voice.

"Did you not hear my deep sigh and sad voice?" I asked.

"Oh I definitely heard it." He said.

"Thanks for comforting me." I said.

"Oh, we're not dating so I can't comfort you." He said.

"I knew you would hold a grudge." I said, laughing.

"It's fine, really. How is the bruise?" He asked.

"Bruisish?" I said, leaning against the car, waiting for the rest of the guys to arrive.

"Can I look?" He asked.

"If you must." I said, lifting up my sweater to reveal my nasty looking stomach. He started to rub it and I slapped his hand away.

"What?" He asked.

"First of all, ow. And second of all, you are making it look like I am pregnant and you're the father because we were dating you know." I said.

"Are you pregnant?" He asked, standing up.

"I am a virgin you doof!" I said, slapping him on the head.

"Right, I forgot you're not as badass as me." He said.

"Yes because a new slut every week really is badass." I said.

"At least I held off when we were 'dating', I could have cheated. But I am such a good boyfriend." He said.

"You skipped your weekly sex for me?" I said, pretending like he was my hero.

"I knew you loved me." He said, walking away from me and climbing into the passenger seat.

"Bleh." I said, watching as Nolan climbed in the back first, then me, then Cameron.

Liam came out of nowhere and climbed into the driver's seat.

"I am so glad my little sister is here for some bonding time." He said, in his baby voice.

"If you don't want me to tell them about what happened two months ago, at home, then I suggest you shut up and drive Liam." I said in a sweet yet menacing voice.