Chapter 10: Cold

THE WEEKEND

It was Friday right after school and I had all my stuff packed up and ready to go to the hotel. I was excited because tournaments are the best. Taking up an entire floor with the team and hanging out in the hallway until midnight. That's how it works.

The week had gone by slowly, due to anticipation. It had also went by slowly because I hadn't talked to Nolan, Cameron or Lucas at all after Tuesday. I felt too awkward to talk to them. In lunch I sat with Juliette at a different table and Nolan looked at me weird in all our classes. Cameron was a grade ahead of me but I still had math with him because I got to skip a year for honors.

Every time I happened to glance at any of them, they would be looking at me like I was about to kill myself. I wasn't that traumatized from being almost raped, they don't have to look at me as if I was a disgusting human being. It's not like my goal was to be raped.

"You ready Laure?" Liam said, popping his head in the room.

"Yup." I said.

"OK, we're waiting on you. Dad and I are gonna be in the car, hurry up." He said before leaving.

"Jerk-wad!" I shouted at him.

"Your names don't phase me Lauren." He said, walking down the hallway and out to the car. I gathered my bag and my phone and ran out the door.

We drove a good 6 hours to get to Rochester, NY where the hockey tournament was. We pulled into the parking lot of the hotel, one with an unrecognizable name. I just hoped there were no spiders in my room or I would flip shit. I literally threw open the car door and fell out of the car I wanted to touch the ground so badly. See, my dad is one of those 'drive straight there no stops' kinda guy.

I was lying on the ground when I realized that it was snowy. I shrieked, jumping up.

"I don't think we're in Kansas anymore." Liam said, climbing out of the car next to me and going to the back to get his stuff.

"I've realized Liam. No need to use sarcasm." I said, sliding next to him and grabbing my bag, bounding inside. MY GOODNESS NEW YORK IS COLD IN THE WINTER.

We checked into our hotel, thanks to the snobby receptionist. Well at least I thought she was snobby, Liam said she was hot and I slapped him on the arm.

"It's true Lauren!" He said in the elevator. Our room was on the top floor along with the other guys. Woo, woo. Note my sarcasm. I may love tournaments but I wasn't looking forward to the awkward.

"Was-sup Nolan?" Liam asked when the elevator doors opened to reveal a very chill looking Nolan.

"Oh hey Liam, Lauren." He said. It begins.

"Hey man, where you heading?" Liam asked and I just walked past them towards the room, ignoring their conversation.

I let my dad unlock the door to the hotel room and I ran in, claiming the left queen sized bed to myself, my dad and Liam can share. 

"I'm going down to the Rice's room. They have beer in there." My dad said, before leaving the room and leaving the door propped open.

"OK! See you later dad!" I shouted at him. I put my stuff on my bed and left the room, to explore. I would just ride the elevator up and down until I found something fun.

First stop, floor 6. I pressed floor six and exited the elevator, an empty hallway, boring. I clicked floor 8 and started on my way up when the elevator light stopped at floor 7. Someone must be getting on, there goes my fun. The door opened and revealed some assholes face that I really could've done without on this trip.