Chapter 14: Answers

I knew school Monday was going to be brutal, extremely brutal. First of all, I had to guys wanting to rape me. Second of all I had a humongous gash on my arm and three, school sucks. So, as I walked through the front doors smelling that familiar scent of scum, because that's basically what my school was full of, I prepared myself.

"Hey gurl hey." Juliette said, running up to me and linking her arm in mine.

"Hey Jules." I said.

"So what exciting, mischievous things were you up to this weekend?" She asked. This is why I loved her, she never ever made anything sound boring, even when it was. 

"Oh you know just the usual gun fights, selling drugs, and sex filled nights, you know me." I said, being extremely sarcastic.

"Yeah I guess nothing new." She said.

"You could sense my sarcasm right?" I said.

"I was born to sense sarcasm, obviously I did. So what's up with your arm." She asked.

"You best prepare yourself, because this is pretty insane." I said.

"I'm always prepared for anything." She said.

"You can't always be prepared for everything that's impossible." I said.

"No it's not." She said.

"So, if a raging wildfire just burned through the school right now, you would be ready for that?" I asked.

"Well who wouldn't." She said.

"You're insane." I said, pulling over in front of her locker to talk.

"You say it like no one knows. Now, tell your best friend about your exciting adventure." She said, giving me her full attention. So, I told her everything about what happened between the guys, and River.

"No fucking way, your life is like a movie." She said.

"Don't you think that's being a little over dramatic?" I asked.

"No, it's not. There's 3 guys crushing on you, and you were attacked and saved by one of them. If someone else knew what I did, they would agree with me." She said, crossing her arms.

 "Why are we friends?" I asked.

"Because you love me." She said.

"I do." I said, laughing.

"Are you doing winter softball practice for spring?" She asked.

"Well yeah, it's required and I've been playing softball since I was 5. I think I'm doing it." I said.

"Someone's getting sassy." She said.

"I know, I'm just a little bit on edge today." I said.

"A little. Well I guess if there were two extremely violent guys out to get me, I would be too." She said.

"Thanks for cheering me up! I feel so much better." I said, using my sarcasm again.

"You know me always looking up." She said.

"I hate you." I said.

"But you just said you loved me." She said.

"I do." I said.

"OK. Oh my look who's coming this way." She said excitedly.

"Who?" I asked, quite frantic.

"Lucas, I feel like I am an extra in your movie." She said, clapping her hands.

"Would you stop with the movie already?" I asked, well kind of hissed at her.

"Hello ladies." Lucas' deep voice came from behind me.