Chapter 16: Just Lovely

The whole car ride home, I was silent, with my head in Liam's lap. I wanted to cry my eyes out, sob until I had no more water left to let out, but I held it inside. I just layed there, while Liam ran his fingers through my hair and I silently sniffled, keeping my cool until we got home where my dad wouldn't question anything.

I walked immediately into Liam's room and layed on his bed, waiting for him to follow me in. As my head was facing his closet, I heard the door open and close behind me. 

"Liam." I whispered, turning over to face my brother.

"Lauren." He said, dropping his hockey bag and stick on the ground and walking over to the bed, immediately wrapping his arms around me, while I finally let myself cry. And I really let it all out. My head was against his chest, due to the fact that he was much taller than I was and I was almost certain his shirt was going to be soaked. Eventually, my tears ran out and I just sat there hugging my brother for as long as possible, because I knew what was going to happen.

"Lauren what's wrong?" He asked, squeezing me tighter right before I pulled back to look at him.

"There's a lot I have to tell you." I said. Right then and there I told him about my 'relationship' with the three guys on his hockey team that have beem tormenting me. At a few points along the way, I knew he wanted to stop rubbing my arm in a conforting way, because he had an angry look on his face but he knew I was hurt so he didn't.

"I warned you about them." He said, giving me a hug when I was finished.

"I guess that's why I couldn't stay away then." I said, letting out a half-hearted laugh.

"I'm so sorry they did this to you. I promise as soon as I see Cameron I'll punch that bastard where it hurts." He said.

"No!" I yelled.

"Why not, I have every reason to." He said.

"No violence. I don't want to ruin your friendships, don't tell any of them I told you about all this. Pretend like everything's the same." I said.

"Why should I?" He asked.

"Because you're my big brother and I love you. Do it for me." I said, making sure my eyes were big and pleading as I looked up at him.

"You know I can't say no to you with those eyes." He said, resting his head on top of mine. 

We layed together for hours, sometimes talking but most of the time just enjoying each other's company. I never realized how much I missed my brother until then.

At about 9:00 I told Liam I was going to go on a walk. He told be to be safe and I slipped on my Toms and left the house.

I watched my feet hit the ground with every step, suddenly interested in the rocks on the road, kicking them around. 

One of the rocks I kicked went into one of the yards so I found a new one, that was when I saw someone running on one of the roofs. I yelped when they hit the ground, heading towards me.

"Oh my god! Nolan?" I asked.

"Lauren?" He asked.

"Why were you coming out of that house?" I asked, looking at the mailbox. It said Campbell. Amelia's last name, as in the girl who called me a slut behind my back. Great.

"She doesn't want her family to know." He said.

"Where is her family?" I asked, coming to a disgusting realization.

"Sleeping." He said.

"Oh I wish I was one of them right now." I said, shaking my head at him.

"You know how Amelia is." He pleaded.