Chapter 15: I Need My Brother

"Lauren!" Someone shouted my name as I was walking in with Liam and Juliette into his game Saturday morning. This week had consisted of protecting Juliette from Brad and Casey, kissing Lucas, and talking to Charlie.

"Hey Charlie." I said, turning around. I had invited him to come with me to the hockey game.

"Did you bring the blanket?" He asked.

"Only if you brought the gloves." I said.

"You bet I did." He said.

"Good, we can always buy hot chocolate if you want." I said.

"Cool beans." Juliette said.

"Beans can't be cool." Charlie said. Juliette and Charlie had gotten pretty close and they talked all the time now. She had the biggest crush on him and honestly I thought they would be an adorable couple.

 "Neither can you but it's been done." She said.

"Calling me cool?" He said.

"Did I?" She said, pretending not to notice.

"I know you think I'm very cool." He said, opening the door for all of us to walk in.

"Guys I'm going to go to the bathroom and change my bandage." I said.

"Alright we'll save you a seat." Charlie said, and I tossed him the blanket. I walked into the bathroom and slowly took off my long bandage. The stiches  came off tomorrow and I was nervous, I hate doctors and I hate blood. I wrapped up my arm again with my gauze that I kept in my purse, and I examined my look in the mirror.

I was wearing a blue sequined shirt with yellow skinmy jeans with a white cardigan over top, paired with my Ugg boots.

Then I exited the bathroom,and into the rink, heading towards the bleachers.

"What happened to you?" Someone said, stepping in front of me.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I just joined this team. My name's Aiden." He said holding out his hand for me to shake.

"How come I didn't hear about someone new joining the team?" I said.

"It was kind of last minute, why would you hear anyways." Aiden said.

"Wow, that was rude." I said, smiling at him and walking around him.

"Come on, I'm just trying to make friends." He said, grabbing my arm.

"Ouch." I said, yanking my arm back. He had grabbed my cut which, obviously, still hurt like a bitch.

"Sorry I didn't mean to hurt you." He said.

"I'm fine. You just grabbed my injured arm."  I said.

"What did happen to your arm?" He asked.

"That's not something I tell people, escpecially people I just met." I said, walking over to the bleachers and taking a seat next to Charlie and Juliette.

"Who were you talking to?" Juliette whispered to me.

"I guess he's one of the new hockey players, he's a jerk." I said.

"Well he's a cute jerk then." She said.

 "Yeah I guess a little." I said.

"Oh someone has a crush." She teased.

"Was your goal today to be punched in the face?" I whispered.

"No, that was not on the top of my list." She said.