Chapter 18: Wish It Was Just A Dream

"Hi Lauren." Whispered a voice. I tried my hardest to look at who was talking but my eyes were glued shut. The only thing that was visible was a series of swirls and lines and colors behing my eyelids.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you. Our game, it, it went wrong." Cameron stuttered. I was able to place the voice. Although my eyes were closed, one word rang through my head, game

"We should never have bet, ever. especially on a girl. No one was supposed to get involved, just us. I didn't mean for you to get hurt." He sniffled. Another word made it's way into my thoughts, bet. 

"I know you're mad at me, but you won't be when you wake up because I am going to apologize I swear. I did this to you." He said, still holding back tears. He was right, I was mad at him for talking about my mom. So mad. I was not going to forgive him when I, or if I, wake up. I could've, but not now. Bet and game sounded like he was gambling on me, with someone or someones.

"Stop acting like you're so innocent." Liam's voice came echoing through the room. I listened as his footsteps came closer.

"Don't rub it in Liam." Cameron muttered, angrily. I could hear regret laced under his anger.  

"No I think I will. I told you not to bet on her. I knew this would happen, from the beginning. Look what you did to her, and you forced me to lie to my own sister." Liam practically yelled. I tried again to open my eyes or move an arm but no matter how hard I focused I couldn't move my body. It's like I was meant to sit idly by as they argued over me. 

I was mad, more like infuriated. My own brother knew about this the whole time and told me nothing.

"You agreed to it too, you promised not to tell." Cameron spat. Oh now he promised, that makes it OK to lie to your own sister.

"Yeah and look where we all ended up." Liam said. No shit Liam, no shit.

"You can't just be blaming us for what happened to your sister Liam. She brought it upon herself. She slutted up the place, by kissing all of us, or taking it a little further." Another voice chimed in, Lucas. I can't believe he knew everything! I trusted him almost as much as my brother. 

"It's not like she came up to you and asked for this to happen." Liam said. With every single word they were saying my heart shattered a little more. They were supposed to be my friends.

"Yeah but she agreed to it. She knows what she's been doing, playing all of us." Lucas said. He hates me too, but I guess he had a point. I was a slut, the blame was partially mine.

"It's hard to play someone when you didn't even know you were in the game." Liam said, angrily.

"Whether we like it or not, we made this decision and this is the consequence!" Nolan shouted, joining the conversation. Why couldn't I just open my eyes? Just open, that's all I wanted.

"Says the guy who seeked Amelia's help in winning, jealousy doesn't work when she's not even that into you." Lucas shouted at Nolan.

Before I knew it my hand, spastically, slammed down on the bed and I sat up. My eyes flicked open fast and then I relaxed. Everyone in the room was looking at me. There was something present in each of their eyes. It could've been regret, hurt, or even anger. I couldn't tell. 

"Are you OK?" was mixed with, "How are you feeling?" as 4 guys crowded around my bed and I pretended like I heard none of the previous conversation.

"Just call the nurse and I only want to talk with the nurse and doctor. No one else. Everyone else can leave now." I said, calmly. As calmly as a person who just found out she was a game to the 4 people she was closest to can be.