A husband only.

A super duper big surprise guys!

Will update after 55 like and 17 comments.

Love, Cherry

10:02 P.M., Night

Signature Bridge, Delhi

3rd Person POV:

Soon all the divers came back. 

"Why the fuck are they out?" Abhimanyu shouted madly," Tell them to find my wife dheer".

"I'm sorry sir. But there is no one inside. I guess the waves took her further. Till now she must have become food for the crocodiles and..." the diver in charge said.

"No! Don't you dare" Abhimanyu held his collar and shouted profanities to find his wife.  

"Sir, there is a woman found near the side ghats. The villagers said that she swam and then collapsed on the river bank. 

Hearing that, every single man left the bridge to reach the ghats 12 kilometers away. 

When they reached the destination, they saw hundreds of villagers surrounding a small puddle of water.

And there she lay covered in sand, silt, and mud. Fainting due to exhaustion.

When Priya fell into the river, she felt as if the God of Death himself had come to take her away. But then she realized how much she struggled for the love of his husband.  How without winning, she lost everything. How the future of many kids with him and a small house in the corner of the city was now broken. 

The thought itself brought tears to her eyes as she felt water seeping through her face into her nose and mouth. Even breathing was impossible. 

Just then she held one of the strong seaweeds in her hands and helped herself up. She couldn't resist the strong currents and went further, where the current was less. She used the last ounce of her energy and sawm through the deep waters and entered the ghats of muddy waters. 

Abhimanyu picked her up in his arms and moved towards the car hastily. 

"To the hospital," he said in a scared voice to Dheer but still looking at the fainted Priya. 

He kept looking at her until she went into the hospital room as if she would vanish if he closed his eyes.

"Who are you to the woman?" a female doctor in her mid-50s asked Abhimanyu while coming out. Her experienced eyes could sense the care and fear. She could see his messed up hair, muddy clothes, and scared expressions.  

"His husband," he said proudly after clearing his throat.

"Well, then young man thank you heavens that your wife is strong. They are safe now" she said and left.

Ignoring her words, he entered inside to see her lying on the bed, staring at the door as if waiting for it to open. She saw him enter. Her sobs broke into cries and they both cried their heart out while holding themselves in each other's arms. 

Abhimanyu didn't realize when she slept in his arms

Abhimanyu didn't realize when she slept in his arms. He kept her head doesn't the bed and lay beside her. They both were tired of the torture they endured. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Next Morning,

9:11 A.M. 

Fortis Hospital, Vasant Kunj

3rd Person POV:

The doctor entered the room and opened the binds. 

"Wake up, lovebirds," she said in a loud voice.

They woke up in a snap and started to look away. 

"You're lucky that both of them are safe after much of a nightmare. Your wife is a very strong woman," she said. 

Priya and Abhimanyu looked at each other in confused states. 

Both? But it was just Priya whom Arjun hed.

Who is the second one?

"Now young man, you need to take good care of them now. It's a miracle that they endured so much and still made out alive" she continued.

"I'm sorry doctor I know I need to take care of her but who is the second one?" Abhimanyu asked in between.

"You don't know?" she looked at them weirdly, "Jesus! What kind of couple you are".

She then smiled at the couple and said, "Mrs. Singhania you're 3 weeks pregnant".

The news erupted in complete silence in the entire wing. Since they were alone on the floor, every breath of the staff could be heard. 

Every man could hear their conversation. And were shocked to find that they soon will have a new little boss to take care of. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ha!

Shocked? Aren't you all?

What do you think about the baby?

Is it good?

Are you a team boy or a girl?

Will update after 55 likes and 17 comments. 

Love, Cherry