-One: Return-

I let out a soft laugh, staring back into his humorous expression. His eyes glittered in a teasing manner, and his smile could light up the whole room. 

"I miss you, Lupin." I'd murmur, now putting on a more solemn grin.

"Y/N, my office is downstairs." Lupin would chuckle, his smile being lit up by the flames from the girl's fireplace.

"I know but I still miss you!" I'd whine softly.

Lupin is my godfather, someone who my real father trusts with his whole life. I've never met my real dad, because he's been in Azkaban since I was less than a year old. So Lupin and the rest of the Order have been taking care of me my whole life. 

I was thrilled when Lupin told me he'd be my new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher this year (because the last teacher lost his memory completely).

It seemed like yesterday when I was sitting in Lupin's small home, chatting with the rest of the Order before my godfather walked up to me and announced this news. It was quite a while ago but I still held onto that memory fondly.

Now I am sitting in my dorm room, the soft sounds of the rest of the girls sleeping being my notice to stay quiet. Lupin's face was illuminated in the fireplace, in which he could talk to me through. 

I parted my mouth to begin to say something, when all of the girls were stirred awake. A loud scream echoed out from down the stairs, sounding like it was coming from another dorm. 

Lupin heard it too. I noticed my godfather bid me a confused expression before I turned my back to him. I could hardly make out any words, although I thought I overheard the word, 

"SIRIUS!~"

My eyes widened briefly, and I quickly whipped around in the armchair to face my godfather, but he had gone. Now the fireplace settled to a warm glow, the flames starting to die down. 

"Y/N?" I heard Hermione question from her bed. 

I turned my gaze to her, rising from the chair just as she was from the bed. 

"You heard that too?" I'd ask, swallowing nervously.

She'd nod, and then without another word, the two of us quickly scampered down the spiraled staircase to make our way to a dorm. Lots of commotion echoed out into the commons room from the dorm that Harry and Ron slept in so we made our way there first. 

"-he had a knife.. I saw him!" we heard Ron gasp for a breath as we slowly opened the door to the room. 

"Who?" I'd ask, although fearing the answer. My gaze lingered on Ron before drifting to the torn canopy on his four-poster bed. 

"Sirius- Black!" he'd stammer, and I went rigid in place. 

My father... the one I had thought long gone in Azkaban was here? And trying to attack Ron? 

"I think he was looking for something..." I overheard Harry amidst my chaotic thoughts. 

"What?" Hermione would inquire, leaving all of us nodding slowly to her question.

Harry took in a quick breath, causing the other boys and Hermione and I to lean in at his remark.

When he finally spoke, I felt his gaze settle upon my quivering figure. "Us."