-Twelve: Wolf-

"Sorry about that gnarly wound, Ron." I grimaced as I looked down at the way he was limping. "Didn't mean to bite you that hard-"

He shrugged simply, using the stiffened body of Pettigrew to hold himself up.
"You're fine, just don't do it again- please." He winced with a soft chuckle.

Lupin looked down at me from the other side of Pettigrew, smiling subtly as he lead the way up the tunnel.

Finally, the cool air hit our faces and we stepped out and into the dusk. The sun was completely gone now and only a sliver of moonlight rested upon the grass.

"Wait." Sirius muttered softly as he popped out of the hole from behind me. All of us turned to him, heads inclined and attentive.

He pointed a trembling finger right at Lupin and swallowed once. "What. Day is it?"

My godfather looked confused and wearily looked around. "The- 6th?"

My father grew pale as he lowered his finger from its rigid position. "Don't you get it, Remus?"

With that, his hand raised to point between Pettigrew and Ron.

"That's the lake, Dad-" I muttered in confusion. "And the mountains..."

"No, no! Not that!" He scoffed, turning to me with his arms flopping beside him. "Behind the mountains!"

Lupin was the first to realize what Sirius was trying to say.

He hadn't moved his eyes from the mountains like everyone else had. My godfather turned pale, even more pale than Sirius. His pupils dilated, and grew to be larger than an average human's. And shortly, a horrible retching sound emerged from his mouth.

Now it was my turn to be pale. He was turning into a werewolf.

"Dad, what do we?!" I began to shriek but Sirius had disappeared from my side. He was now in front of Lupin, shaking him and screaming in his face.

"YOU KNOW THE MAN YOU TRULY ARE, REMUS!" Was all I heard him say before my attention shifted. Pettigrew had reached for my Godfather's wand and was now directing it at Ron.

Before any of us could act, Ron had broken off from the short man, the bond breaking. He was flung backwards, and Hermione and Harry scrambled to grab him.

I was frozen. Frozen in fear, concern and uncertainty.
'What do I do??'

It seems that Pettigrew made the choice for me. The next second that I turned, his clothes were on the ground and a rat was scampering away from where he just stood.

Chest heaving, I swept my gaze to my godfather just in time to see my father being flung out of the werewolves way.

"DAD!" I shrieked, not even realizing the harm this could cause.

The werewolf side of Lupin noticed me standing there, and turned to glare me down. He let out a low howl, neck stretching up to the skies. I backed up, frightened and found myself standing not even a foot away from the unconscious Ron. Lupin stalked towards me, his eyes bloodthirsty and unknowing.

"R-Remus?" I stammered, swallowing as I tried to speak with him. From behind me, Hermione's voice also piped up in a squeaky tone,

"P-Professor? Professor Lupin?"

For a brief moment, I saw a flicker of fear flash across the werewolf's eyes. Within an instant it had gone however. It growled at us, hot breath and saliva blowing our way.

"Back up..." I murmured, hot tears staining the corners of my eyes suddenly.

"W-what?" Hermione murmured.

"Back up! Get back!" I raised my tone, firm and commanding. A rustling in the grass behind me told me that the two of them had dragged Ron further away from my heels.

I looked into the eyes of my godfather, and simply said, "I'm sorry~"

In a small cloud of smog, I had vanished and in my place was the wolf that had first injured Ron. My Animagus bared her jaws, growling up at the werewolf who was doing the same. I circled him, jerking forwards a few times to assert some dominance. In the background, help was arriving. After I had circled around the werewolf twice, narrowly missing his attacks, a large black dog pounced on top of him from the undergrowth.

"Sirius!" I heard Harry exclaim from a distance.

I hid a smile as Sirius and Remus began to tussle in the grass, blood splattering and fur flying. I too joined the fight, finding any possible opening to sink my claws or canines into the short-furred beast. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Sirius involuntarily thrown backwards once again, yet this time there was a loud noise that followed.

I winced, freezing in my place with my claws hooked onto the soft flesh of the werewolf. I hadn't even realized how slow time was going for me until I too was thrown. I instantly shifted back once I nailed the floor, whimpering in agony.

I shuffled upright to my feet, ignoring the clamoring noises from behind me. For a moment, I even thought I heard Professor Snape's voice rumble to the three bystanders. My eyes fixated on the bush my father had disappeared into, waiting for him to pop back out again.

'Please- please Dad. Be fine...'

"Y/N!" Harry screamed from behind me.

I spun around, glancing towards him frantically pointing towards where I suspected Lupin was. I had zoned out, I realized it now.

Harry's eyes had widened and his mouth parted open even more than before. But I hardly heard what he was saying. Hermione began to scream as well, shaking Ron as his body grew cold and limp. A loud bark rang in my ears, and a low growl breathed down the back of my neck.

I grew dizzy, and lightheaded. A hot stream of blood poured down my spine, and a piercing blow of pain emerged soon after. I collapsed, fazed and out of contact with my own body.

'Am I dying?'

Another bark. Another growl. Mingled screams. Slash. Silence.