XII

"Saylor!"
"Saylor!"
"SAYLOR!"

I almost jump out of my sleep and sit up.
"FINALLY! I've been waiting for forever!"
Oh, so I wasn't dreaming about someone screaming my name. I rub my eyes and get greeted by miss Sofia jumping on my lap.

"Someone's feeling better huh?" She heavily nods her head, I'm glad she's doing okay.

"When can I go to Luna?" I grab my phone and look at the time, 9.30 am.

"I'll ask." I text Lisa to tell her Sofia's doing okay, and ask her when I can bring her over.
I put my phone back down and look at the little creature on my lap.

"Did you ask Dani when we can go?"
I shake my head.
"But why not?"
"Because she's busy."
She rolls her eyes.

Yes, she gets it from me. Although I like it more when I'm the one doing it. Not so much when someone does it to me. "Is it because you're scared?" I frown."Why would I be scared?"
She sighs, "because Saylor, you don't like people being close to you."

Did she turn 19 and I missed it? "Excuse me, miss grown up, where did that come from?"

She laughs and then puts on her 'sassy serious face'. "You have no friends. I already have 4 in my class and I can go to a birthday party, because we are bffs. You never go to a birthday party."

She shrugs her shoulders.

If she's gonna be like this as a teenager, I'm gonna have a lot of work. "I do have friends."

She crawls off my lap and jumps out of bed.
"Is Dani your friend?"
I follow her to the kitchen.
"No."
"Why?"
"Because she's my teacher."
"Ms. Ellis is my friend."
"That's different."
"No. You're just diffcult"
"It's pronounced difficult and I am not."

She grabs her plastic Frozen bowl and hands it to me, then gets on the chair. I raise my eyebrow at her. I know what she wants, I just like teasing her. "I'm starving. I was sick, remember?"
Her sass cracks me up. I put her cereal and milk in the bowl and hand it to her. I hear my phone go off in the bedroom and walk over to get it.

Lisa: You can bring her whenever, Luna just got here!
Me: Okay :)

After breakfast, Sofia decided she wanted to pack her bag. If it was up to her, she'd just bring her Elsa blanket and her teddy. I make sure she has everything else packed. Once she's ready to go, we walk over to Lisa's.

Sofia runs inside as soon as Lisa opens the door; I laugh as I watch her run to Luna's room. I hand Lisa all her stuff and thank her before saying bye.

I have quite some time before my shift starts, and I already did the household chores earlier this week. I plop down on the couch and take out my phone. I haven't been on instagram in a long time. I look through my follow requests first.
I accept the ones from Ezra, Tate, Melody and Emily and follow them back, and then delete the weird accounts that tried to follow me. I go back to the home page and like some posts by people I follow.

I can't help myself, I go to the search bar and type in Danielle Jones, some weird accounts come up. I erase it and try Dani Jones, one account catches my eye with a profile picture of someone that looks like her, but I can't tell because it's so far away.

I click on it and it's definitely her. I look at her last post, it's a picture of her and the teacher I saw her with.

I click on the picture to see who she tagged in it, 'Cami Davis'. Looks like they were out somewhere, good for her.

I scroll down and there's pictures of her on vacation, her with someone that looks like her, so I'm guessing it's her sister. I click on the back arrow twice, because the first time didn't work and accidentally like her post. Saylor, you're the most stupidest person alive right now, I quickly unlike it and hope she doesn't notice. I turn my phone off and give myself a well-deserved facepalm. So much for ignoring her.