Part 16: Final Confrontation part 1

After Batman dealt with Poison Ivy he had to make his escape from the Botanical Gardens the only way he knew how: Grappling out through the roof of the Greenhouse and gliding out to the plate of dirt near it. He met up with Robin who had his sights on the fireworks over the Penitentiary and the two listen to Joker's voice for the last time.

Robin: I see you're done with Ivy.

Batman: What's with the fireworks?

Robin: Joker. Like I thought, he's getting the final confrontation ready and prepared.

Suddenly Joker's voice appears and for the final time before the night before the end of it all, laughing and appears to be a good mood.

Joker(Speaker): [Excited] Batman! Robin! I know it's been a long, hard night, but good news. The party is about to start! We've got something for everyone! Music, dancing, chemicals that create monsters. You don't want to miss it. So get your asses over to the Cell Block, or you'll miss your final surprise.

No Pov:

Batman and Robin jump down from the cliff and look around, until Batman looks at Robin and starts wondering something about this whole situation.

Batman: [Confused] If this is the end of the night, then what about--

Robin: Riddler. We should be hearing from him in 3... 2... and...

Suddenly Riddler's voice appears on the heroes communications and by the sound of his voice, he doesn't sound too happy.

Riddler: [Angry] What? You did it? You must have cheated. There is no way you heroes could have beaten me. Well, you asked for it, Batman and Robin. My final challenge for the whole of Gotham is just seconds away... [Sirens are heard] What? Sirens! The police! You cheated, Batman and Robin. You couldn't have outsmarted me!

Officer: [Banging on door] Police! Open up.

Riddler: [Speechless] No...

Officer: [Continues banging] I said open the door now!

Riddler: No!

Suddenly the sound of the door breaking down is heard and the police are heard taking Edward Nygma down onto the ground, forcing him on his stomach as they detain him.

Officer: Down on the ground! Down on the ground!

Riddler: [Worried; trying to resist] No! [To Batman and Robin; angered and confused] Tell me! How did you work out where I was? Do you hear me? I, Edward Nygma, will... Argghhh.

After Riddler is found and arrested, Batman looks at Robin with a smile on his face.

Batman: [Impressed] How'd you?

Robin: While roaming around Arkham I figured Nygma had his clues hidden all over the Asylum inside and out. So, knowing full well we wouldn't have been able to get it all done for tonight, I went all over Arkham from every building and hiding spot to search for them. Turns out he lived in Apt 1511, 225 O'Neil Avenue, Old Gotham.

Batman: Good work, Y/n.

Robin: I had a good teacher, Bruce. You didn't really think I'd let Riddler roam free, did you?

The two then make their way back to Arkham West and make it to the Visitor Center of Penitentiary where 20 Blackgate Inmates are all standing in lines, applauding Batman and Robin on their hard fought show of courage, brawn and brains for tonight. The Dynamic Duo walks into the room and walk up to Joker's final television screen and they see Joker on it, once again speaking nonsense to the heroes.

Joker Tv: Are you excited about this, heroes? I mean, we've been building up to this point all night. Don't tell me you've not been looking forward to it. I know I have.