Happy birthday, Mandy!

Author's note: This is Mandy from my complete MMF romance, Becoming Us. You DO NOT have to read that book to read this. If you have read it, I hope you enjoy her POV!

I waved goodbye to Gemma and Tre. "Y'all have fun!"

Crystal was waiting as I headed back toward our tables. "Everything cool?"

"Yeah. Why?" I asked and took the shot she handed me—another lemon drop, my favorite. I tossed it back. "Thanks!"

She shook her head. "It looked like your friend and that fine-ass white boy were having some words."

"Psh. What?"

"He left, and she looked upset."

I turned and saw her and Tre walking out the door, holding hands. Carey might've left, but I didn't know anything about any drama between him and Gemma. "Nah. They'll be fine. Gemma's not a partier. She was probably just ready to go home with her man."

Crystal stood beside me and scanned the table in the corner where I'd left the two men she'd brought to meet me—David and Emilio.

They're both single. They're good, respectful men that I could feel safe with. And most importantly, for my purposes tonight, they were fine as hell and ready to fuck.

They're also roommates. I smiled at the thought of having them both and wondered if they'd be into that.

"Who you takin' home, sis?" She sighed and bumped me with her hip. "That's a hard-ass decision right there."

"I don't know yet. I'm thinking I might not pick one."

"You don't like either—" Her eyes widened as she faced me. "Sweet Jesus. Girl, don't say no more. You do you, but I don't know about that." She looked at them again. "So I guess you better take notes and tell me later."

We both threw our heads back, laughing. Crystal took my purse from where it hung off the back of the chair, beside her leg. "This thing has been going off."

My bag was vibrating with a phone call as she handed it to me. I pulled my cell out and sighed as Dad lit up on the screen.

Crystal looked over my shoulder and plucked the phone from my fingers. "No. Not tonight. You're off the clock."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm never off the clock with him."

"Tonight you are. Andre and me will stop by on our way home and check on him."

My mouth fell open. "Really? He might be crabby as hell. You don't—"

"Girl, I been knowing that man my whole life. I ate enough of y'alls popsicles as a kid. I don't mind checking in on him."

She handed my phone back. "Don't call him. We'll go right now. I'll make sure he's settled for bed before we leave. I'll even stay on the couch if he's acting too crazy."

"I knew I kept your popsicle eating ass around for a reason. Always taking the purple ones too, but I guess you're worth it."

"Damn right I am." She kissed my cheek.

"You don't have to stay, though. I only need a few hours."

Her eyes cut back to the men. "You sure?"

"Yep. I'm not trying to hear their hopes and dreams, I just want to get off. Hopefully, a few times."

She cracked up. "Okay! Later, baby. Wear those boys out." I laughed, and she called Andre over. "We're leaving. Gotta check on Mr. Bowen on the way home."

"Alright then." He lifted his chin at me. "Later."

"Bye, y'all. Thanks."

They left, and a weight lifted off my shoulders and went with them. Hours without worrying about Dad. I wouldn't waste them.