6

We walked along the shoreline, far away from the town. It was so dark that we could see the stars out. Elizabeth suggested we sit down for a while, and we had. Although we didn't say much to each other initially, she decided to take the first move.

"Hey, I'm sorry about the way I was acting earlier. I have a problem with...saying terrible things...even if I think it is a little funny..."

"It's fine...you aren't the first to give me a hard time," I spoke. I held my knees close to my chest. My dress lifted up slightly, exposing my feet. I had taken my sandals off to run them through the tiny rocks by the beach. Greece beaches mostly had small stones. No sand. How sad.

"I see...well...I know you are giving me a hard time, but I was serious. I want to get to know you...so how about it? Tell me about all the times someone has given you a hard time! I'm sure it would be interesting," she smiled. I could see her clearly through the darkness. The moon did a fantastic job illuminating her features.

"No...you can ask me anything else but that," I giggled. She began to copy my position, leaning her head against her knees. "I do have a few religious questions! I'm curious about it!" She cheered. It actually made me happy that she had questions.

"ASK AWAY!"

"Yes, well, I'm curious. Have you ever been with a boy? Or do you have to wait till a certain age to date?" She asked, confused. It was a silly question, and the answer was obvious, but I could see why she asked. "Oh, haha, it is normal when it comes to dating. The only sin is premarital sex," I smiled.

"Ewww, don't say it like that!"

"It's true! Premarital sex is a sin! So, I have to wait. Even if I'm not looking forward to it," I explained. She looked at me, confused, and I took a deep breath. I had never told anyone this, so I hope I don't regret it. "You see, the idea of sex repulses me, especially with a man. Whenever I think of myself having sex with a man, I feel dirty. I believe that all women feel this way. We are burdened to have sex with a man, so I don't give it much thought. Besides it being a deed I'd have to get over with to have kids," I explained.

I smiled, looking at her. However, she gave me this very concerned look. "You think all women feel that way?" She asked. I nodded my head, and she turned away slowly. "I am speechless...I don't know what to say," she laughed.

"Well, you actually like women, so you don't have an opinion..."

"Yeah...well, have you thought of...you know?" She gestured her hand down. Touching her private parts in a ghost motion. "What does that mean?" I asked, confused. She laughed a bit, rolling her eyes. "Masturbating...to see how it feels..." she explained.

My brain exploded hearing her words. I had suddenly grown flustered, looking away. "Oh! Don't look away! Everyone has done it!"

"Not me! That is a sin! Masturbating is a sin...I couldn't even think...I wouldn't know how?..."

"Somehow, I believe that..."

She took a big sigh, standing up. I had only bothered to turn my head slightly to gaze up at her. She was a very forward person, and I wasn't sure if I liked it. It made me feel...tingly...

I had never felt this weird feeling before.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm feeling hot, so I'm going for a swim. Would you like to join?"

"Oh...I didn't bring a swimsuit!"

Elizabeth suddenly grabbed my hands, pulling me up from where I sat. "Me either," she smiled. She began taking off her shirt, revealing her undergarments. "Then...why are you taking off your clothes?" I asked. All she could do was smile at me.

"You are so cute...I'm taking them off because I'm swimming naked. Will you join me—"

"Absolute not!"

"No one is around! It is dark! And we are both girls!"

"Yeah, but—"

"I won't force you to, but the water is nicccccce..." she sang. She began stripping in front of me. To the point where I saw her naked body. It made my heart beat out of control. Even the darkness wouldn't be able to stop me from looking.

Her hair fell to her waist, waving by her hips. Her long blonde hair reminded me of Rapunzel. It looked soft and magical. She was very thin and small in certain places, but it was okay. I still found her naked body so beautiful.

"You stare so much. I would have been more forward if this was all you wanted."

"WHAT? No! I'm so sorry! I don't mean to stare. I've just never—"

"Hey, it's okay...I don't care. You can be comfortable around me. In fact, you don't even have to be your normal self around me. You are, Mariane! You aren't the religious girl, if you don't want to be. You can be anyone you want around me. And I can be anyone I want around you. I say that, this new me...Elizabeth wants to skinny dip! But not alone, so, what do you say?" She smiled.

I had this overwhelming confidence I had never felt before for some reason. I wasn't Francine! At least not right now! Not tonight! I am easygoing, Mariane! And she loves to try new things!

I smiled at Elizabeth, slowly taking off my dress and revealing my undergarments. Elizabeth looked at me a bit anxiously, but I didn't pay too much attention. "Mariane?" She asked. At that moment, I wanted her to know my real name.

So that she could say my real name the same way she said my fake. "Yes?" I asked. I held my hands behind me to take off my bra. She continued to stare at me, and I let her. It didn't make me feel sick.

Not the way I felt thinking of a man staring at me. When she stared, it felt good. I wanted her to keep looking at me the way she did. "I...."

I unclipped my bra, letting it fall over my shoulders as she continued to stare. "You...are beautiful," she spoke. I smiled at her as I slowly took off my panties. "You are beautiful too..." I spoke.

Then, we smiled at each other, realising how naked we had gotten in front of each other. I wanted to laugh at this situation. This is the last thing I thought I would be doing tonight. "Come on! The water will make us feel better!" She cheered. Elizabeth grabbed my hand, pulling me toward the water. I couldn't help but laugh and follow her.