12

Madeline had watched me get ready an hour before the sun was expected to set. She looked at me a bit concerned and even asked why I was getting ready. I was excited to see...Elizabeth.

I made sure to shower, dress nicely, and do my hair. I even did some makeup. I was never taught makeup, but I always liked it and began practising secretly a year ago. I am better at it than I was, but I still want to learn so many things.

"DOLL FACE! No need to seem so eager," Elizabeth laughed. She was here before me, and I wondered how long she had been waiting for me. I saw her from a distance and began running toward her. She had changed her clothes like I had. She wore a shorter skirt with no leggings or tights, just her pale legs to show. She wore a linen top that was light and thin. Her hair was in two ponytails, and she had taken off all the makeup and jewellery she had on...including the dark nail polish.

"You ready? I wanted some privacy for us, so...I got a hotel room..." she spoke. My heart began to race as I nodded. My heart palpitations, mixed with my racing mind, did not work in my favour. She gestured for me to follow her, and I did. I walked silently beside her as she continued. I could only assume the place wasn't far from the campus.

"Ugh, please don't be silent; you make me nervous! I usually don't get this way!"

"Huh?! AH! Sorry..."

~

"God, this took so long; we are here!" she cheered in relief.

That had to be the longest ten-minute walk I ever had to endure in my life.

Elizabeth let me in first, and she followed behind. "Well, make yourself comfortable; I wanted you to be comfortable and figured you wouldn't want to risk anyone seeing you, so I figured this was the best thing to do," she spoke.

I nodded at what she said and began to look around the room. She did all this for me? to ensure I was comfortable; it was adorable. I turned to look at her; she was redder than anything I had seen. She was trying to keep it together.

"Look, I know we don't know each other's real names...and maybe that is for the best right now. I don't think I care. I am delighted to meet someone who isn't afraid to help me figure out my feelings. I mean... I really do not know what any of this is to me; it is confusing...and scary."

I came closer to her, grabbing her hand. I wasn't as scared or nervous as I was before; I felt more confident than I had ever felt before.

"I haven't known you for very long, but you are driving me crazy. I feel like a child being denied something I want, and it makes me angry," she spoke. She took my hand, guiding me to sit on the bed, and I did.

I hope...I don't regret any of this.

"Mariane, you are beautiful," she spoke. She started to come closer to me, and I knew this was the first stage. Deciding whether I felt disgusted or if I'd rather have a man.

"May I?" She asked. She started to trace her hand up from my hand to my arm, then to my cheek. I nodded in response. "I'm okay," I spoke. She shook her head, smiling. "Cheers, just tell me if I need to slow down," she expressed.

I nodded.

Elizabeth came closer, leaning in, and all I could do was close my eyes. I could sense when she had gotten so close that I felt her breathe out over my lips. I did not know what to do or say. "I....have never kissed anyone before," I whispered.

At that moment, she stopped me from talking by kissing me. I was taken aback. I was worried that what I said would have prevented her from going in, but she didn't. Elizabeth kissed me slowly, and it was terrific.