Fights and Friends

Peter POV:

I gotta find a more effective way to get to manhattan. Shuri's insisted I go to the tower again and swinging all that way is a lot. Luckily I can always stowaway on the roof of a bus.

When I get to the tower I swing up to the balcony Shuri told me to use. Once I walk in, FRIDAY... greets me? "Hello Spider-Man, Shuri is expecting you outside the Gym".

Umm what?

"Please step in the elevator, I'll take you to her". I do as I'm told, weary, but my Spidey sense hasn't gone off so it should be ok. The elevator doors open and within the second Shuri's grabbed me. "Where are we going?!".

She keeps speeding me around as she speaks, "I thought, if we wanted to give spider-man some upgrades, we'd need to see him in action first". I blink, "That doesn't exactly clear it up for me". She just sighs as she bursts through a door. I, like with every room in this tower, gasp as I enter. High roof, a full running track, climbing walls, super up weights, archery fields, dozens of punching bags.

"Wow".

"Thought you'd like it", Shuri smiles and jokes, "But seriously, close your mouth we got things to do". I follow her as she heads to the punching bags, only now noticing the company. Clint and Sam are both by the archery targets, Black Widow is sparring with Scott and Wanda. I can just make out blue and silver streaks on the track, probably Pietro, and Captain America and White Wolf are right by the punching bags... that Shuri just led me to.

"Hello Mr Captain America, Mr White Wolf", I wave and smile even though they can't see that second one. I get a grunt out of White Wolf and a wave back out of the Captain. "Oh, I heard about your date last night", they tense up and the former stalks over to me. "I- I meant, you're trending on social media, I just saw pictures online...." I fumble as the soldier before me just grunts, menacingly over me. "I just wanted to say congratulations". This finally changes their mood, both White Wolf's and Captain America's. Thank god for me.

"Thanks Spider-Man", Captain America says as White Wolf backs away. "Ok, enough of that, My turn", Shuri interrupts whatever just happened, "You. Punch the bags. I'll record it. We can review and brainstorm ideas later".

I nod, and start boxing with the bag, right hooks, left kicks, backflips, etc. After a couple of minutes of this, slowly getting the attention of the soldiers next to us, Captain America comments, "Not bad Spider-Man, quite a strong punch you got there". I blush before Shuri gasps, "Oh, Spidey! You should totally spar with Steve!", She yells, getting the attention of most of the gym.

"I'd love to see that!", Clint excitedly runs towards us, Sam not far behind. "Yeah Rogers, what do you say", Black Widow smirks (?) at him. Even Pietro's stopped running for this. "Do it! Do it! Do it!", He cheers.

Steve concedes, "Ok, fine. One round", he laughs at the group walking over to the sparring mats. "But I am not gonna go easy on you Spider-Man", He directs at me as Shuri pushes me onto the mat.

"Ok". Black Widow sets herself up as an arbiter, "1 v 1, no weapons. Whomever immobilises the other first wins. Tap the Matt or scream uncle to surrender", she smirks that last part.

"3... 2... 1... Go!"

Captain America jump right for me, left hook, right hook, spin kick. I dodge the first two but get caught by his kick, this a lot faster pace than I expected.

Quickly catching on, I match his rhythm, using my Spidey Sense to anticipate his moves: right punch, dodge. Side kick, grab and flip. Swipe, backflip. Roundhouse kick, grab his foot, and kick his other leg of balance. I grab both his hands and hold them behind his back as Ms Widow declares, "One, two, three. Spider-Man wins".