7. bestfriends.

"WHY AM I NOT YOUR EMERGENCY CONTACT?"

His voice roared in the room, making them flinch. Alex stormed inside, his rage masking the concern he had as he tried very hard to pretend to be angry. Daksh casually ignored his existence, waiting for him to finish. Alex was the only person who knew what was happening in his life, good or bad, and he was also the only person who has seen Daksh be vulnerable. Although Alex is the only friend Daksh has, he insists on being referred to as his "best friend" constantly. Daksh does not understand what the distinction between a friend and a best friend is, but he had only granted Alex the title of best friend out of obligation.

12 years of everything together.

First drink, first drive, first business failure, first hotel opening, first renovation, first major client, first housewarming, and everything that may seem little, held a lot of significance for them.

He was annoyed at first by how touchy Alex could get, he literally had to hug every time they met. Alex also needed to speak about everything that happened to him, know every little detail of Daksh's life, and provide unasked advice even when not needed.

Alex annoyed the hell out of Daksh a lot, yet he was the one person Daksh could not live without.

Looking at him now, trying so hard to be angry so that he doesn't seem weak, made Daksh smile at the type of idiot he was.

"What makes you smile, you dumb idiot?" Alex sat down on the other side of the bed. He had been over the moon when he read Divya's texts and he thanked the heavens for waking Daksh up, but would he show this affection directly?

Hell no.

His main aim as the Best friend of Daksh Oberoi is to irritate him to no extent.

Would he forget this aim just because he was in a coma and woke up barely an hour ago?

No.

"Answer me, why am I, not your emergency contact?" He questioned again, and he could see Divya smiling.

"D, what makes you smile, have you both lost it?"

"Alex, he just woke up after a week, and you are whining like a baby about an emergency contact." She tried hard to hide her amusement at his antics, but deep down she knew he was super happy that her husband was awake.

Her husband.

Butterflies again.

"Obviously you would say that, won't you?" His question confused her and she sat there wondering as the men in the room made eye contact with each other, Alex glaring and Daksh trying to tell him to shut up.

"What do you mean?" She was held in place when he answered, "You D, you are his emergency contact."

She looked at Daksh then at Alex again, trying to register the words. Is she his emergency contact?

"What? Why?" Was all she could ask, her eyes fixed on the man in the bed.

"You are my wife."

Hearing the words made the tingling in her stomach increase. It was a good kind of sensation, not the one she gets when she has her anxiety rising. His words gave her a sense of belonging, something she never had up to this point. The fact that he made her his emergency contact, the first person to reach out to when he was in trouble, made her happy.

Really happy.

"And I thought I was the most important person in your life." Alex snapped his fingers at them, bringing them out of their reverie.