15. bhai.

The navy blue curtains welcomed him and so did the anxious smile of Divya as he sat on the sofa. Armaan was invariably the confident one, his charm and patience impeccable compared to anyone. He was known for his outstanding business skills and in a place like Mumbai where every nook and corner has architects and builders, he had successfully raised the standards of work and empire of 'Sharda Ltd': their family architectural venture, a symbol etched in major hospitals, offices, tourist spots and many more.

Daksh had shown next to zero interest in that business and had set out on his own when he was 20, venturing and interning in firms while studying for his degree in business and management. Armaan knew he had spent a month abroad, earning him an investor who believed in Daksh when their father doubted him.

And today eight years later, Estrella is thriving- from movie stars to cricketers to businessmen and international tourists, everyone preferred the seven-star hotel to be their stay while they were in Mumbai. He had employees right from educated students and experienced staff in his offices to single and divorced/ abused women from all backgrounds in his kitchens, training them in all types of cuisines. On Alex's suggestion, he opened the Nariman Point branch for an internship with tie-ups in various colleges, for students to work and learn in multiple fields.

Armaan and their father have found themselves walking through the doors of Estrella more times than they thought, for clients preferred meeting in the extravagant place which had separate conference rooms for business meetings.

He was pulled out of his thoughts when Divya placed the glass of water on the table, and he smiled at her. Her nervous expression disappeared and her lips slightly curved upwards.

"Daksh is in the shower, he will be out soon Bhai."

The glass stopped at the tip of his mouth as he met her eyes.

"Daksh calls you bhai so I thought," she fumbled, "Sorry I should have asked-"

" Divya it's okay. I don't mind really." The fear on her face was replaced with relief as she stood, contemplating what to ask. Armaan knew the moment the word bhai left her mouth that he would protect her with everything he had. They spoke a bit about her career and work when Daksh walked in.

"Good morning bhai." He smiled nervously, a towel in hand wiping his hair as he walked towards him. Armaan stood and tried to shake his hand while Daksh tried to hug him, the situation weirdly awkward as both gave up. Divya picked up the towel which Daksh dumped on the sofa and walked inside, communicating something through her eyes to her husband.

Something warm flowed in Armaan's chest at the interaction.

"How are you bhai?" Daksh had a formal tone, but the word bhai panged and stabbed Armaan's already broken heart.

"I've been better, da." The nickname brought back so many memories that Daksh could feel his chest ache physically.

"I heard the divorce is finalised bhai."

"It is," Armaan breathed a sigh of relief. "Neha wanted a part of the company and the house in alimony, and my car too."

"You are not serious." Fire erupted in his eyes as his blood boiled. "How dare she!"

"I know," Armaan smiled. It was not even a smile, just a white flag of defeat in the war he had been fighting for over two years.

"How long was your marriage bhai?"

"Calling it marriage is an insult da." Armaan met his eyes. Daksh raised an eyebrow and within an instant, smiled. "So how long was your eternal torture with the daughter of Satan?"