Chapter 14: A Turn for the Worst PT 1

May 31, 2023

Hereford, United Kingdom

7:09 AM GMT

Nokk POV:

I woke up laying on top of Y/N, as I'd gotten used to. Although I and Y/N had only been together for about a week now, everyone around the base had heard about us being together by now. And although I loved being with Y/N, I didn't appreciate the attention it brought our way. I know Y/N was used to it as he is generally more outgoing, but for me, a more introverted person, it took a little getting used to. I didn't want to wake Y/N up as we had spent all of last night packing up for our going to Denmark, which had been delayed by a few days due to the severe thunderstorms we had been having. So I continued to lay there enjoying his company. Eventually, Y/N woke up and I kissed him on the cheek.

Nokk: How'd you sleep, love?

Y/N: With an angle like you on me? I slept great!

Nokk: Well, should we get ready for the day?

Y/N: If you insist...

Nokk: Well, we can't lay here all day silly!

Y/N: Says who?

Nokk: Oh come on! We already have

Y/N: Okay fine!

I then gently rolled off of Y/N and he then slowly got out of bed. I then went into the bathroom to do my morning routine.

Time skip 7;15 AM

After me and Y/N were done we exited our room and went down to the mess hall for breakfast. Once getting our breakfast we kissed and went over to the tables we usually sat down at. As I sat down at my usual table I saw that Eliza, Monika, Elena, Grace, and Emma were finally back from their deployment in London. I then noticed how run-down they all looked.

Nokk: Hey!

Frost: Hey Nokk!

Caviera: Hey!

Finka: Morning Nokk!

Ash: Hey...

Mira: Hey there Nokk...

Monika: Morning

Grace just grumbled as she was too tired to say anything and Emma? She had fallen asleep at the table.

Nokk: You two look tired, did they not let you sleep on the deployment?

Ash: Let's say that NATO doesn't really care about rest when ballistic missiles go missing...

Caviera: What the! I didn't hear about this!

Mira: Well it wouldn't look the best for the UK if it was revealed that they lost track of nuclear warheads. And that they were in charge of transporting them. I think in a day or so they are going to send a British Recon unit to go to the location we pin-pointed and see if we can find out what happened to them.

Nokk: Wait, I get why the other girls were sent because they have experience in recon. But why you and Eliza?

Ash: Well, when you are one of the figureheads of a world-renowned counter-terrorist unit. You get dragged into stuff like this.

Mira: What did you expect when you were put in your position dumbass?

Ash: What'd you just call me?

Mira: Did I piss off Ms. Kick-in-the-door?

All of us girls then rolled our eyes as the two started to argue. Somehow even when they were dead-tired, they still had the energy to fight. I just then stood up and left the table to go over to Y/N as Tiana tried in vain to get the two to stop fighting. Monika followed behind me.