Chapter 3: The Day Off

February 8th, 2023

Location: Same Jaeger Corps base, somewhere in Denmark

Time: 10:30 CTE

POV: Y/N 

I woke up later than I usually do, I was exhausted from the events that happened yesterday. I didn't get much sleep either, I had nightmares about the attack throughout the night. I wish I could go back and redo that whole situation, and be able to save more people's lives. But what happened, happened. Nothing I can do about it, I guess. I then got out of bed to do my usual bedtime routine. While I was in the middle of brushing my teeth I got a knock at my door. I went over to the door and opened it, I was then greeted with the sight of Aksel.

Aksel: Hey Y/N!

Y/N: *laughs* Your early.

Aksel: I mean almost all of us slept in, even Nokk. 

Y/N: No, stop lying to me.

Aksel: I don't lie, she slept in till 8:00.

Y/N: New world record for her I guess, so why did you come here in the first place?

Aksel: Oh, umm... Timberwolf is going to take us to breakfast at 11:00 for what happened yesterday.

Y/N: Oh, ok I'll hurry and get ready, see you soon.

Aksel: See ya!

I then closed the door, man I swear me and my brothers always get sidetracked in conversations. I then proceeded to finish brushing my teeth. After that, I got on a red t-shirt and some blue jeans. I loaded my Glock 19x and put it in the concealed holster tucked in the back of my jeans. Always better to be safe than sorry. I then headed out the door to the main lounge to meet up with my team. When I entered the room I was immediately greeted by Timberwolf. 

Timberwolf: Look how decided to wake up!

Y/N: Sorry I was just tired.

Inferno: I think we can all relate to that.

Y/N: By the way, how is your wound doing?

Inferno: Well I decided to go to the doctor to get it stitched up so now I'm all good. 

Y/N: Nice, just making sure you didn't run away from the doctor like last time.

Inferno: Oh shut up.

Y/N: Haha, when will you get over your fear of doctors?

Inferno: Shut up about it!

Lucas: Haha, I still remember when you almost passed out over having to get your flu shot!

At this point, Inferno was red with embarrassment. He has always had a fear of doctors, not sure why. I find it somewhat funny that I and him are really good friends, considering that I am a doctor myself.

Nokk: Heyy can we go yet? Everyone is here and I'm hungry.

Timberwolf: yeah same, let's go.

We then all went outside and hopped in Timberwolf's truck, we drove to the restaurant and walked inside. We were met by a waitress to get us a seat.

Waitress:  Velkommen, hvor mange har du med dig i dag? (Welcome, how many do you have with you today?)

Timberwolf: Jeg har 4. (I have 4.)

Waitress: Jeg ser, følg mig. (I see, follow me.)

We followed the waitress to our seats and when we all sat down she passed out the menus. When we all ordered she took our menus and poured us some glasses of water. We then all proceeded to talk.