Chapter 9: Settling in

Febuary 25th, 2023

Hertfordshire, England

7:00 AM GMT

Y/N POV: 

I sat there and talked to Harry for a few minutes, having a normal conversation about random things. We talked about sports and I told him some funny stories from being in the Jaeger Corps. He then asked if I had any questions, and I responded with many.

Y/N: Alright, so if I don't have to leave the Jaeger Corps to join Rainbow, but I also have a dorm here and I'm expected to be active here. How's this going to work?

Harry: Same way it does for Nokk, we'll fly you back and forth from here to Denmark. You will spend some weeks with your unit, and some weeks at Rainbow. And if you're needed for an operation at any of the two units you will be flown to them.

Y/N: But what if it's an emergency? A helicopter or even a cargo plane won't get there in time.

Harry: I realized that this was an issue a long, long time ago with all of our operators not based in the UK. But, if you remember on your tour of the base, you may have seen the F-14s in the hangers near the airfield. Well, that's my solution.

Y/N: So you're going to fly us to our units with F14 jets?

Harry: Correct

Y/N: Well in my professional opinion... that's pretty badass! And fast also...

Harry: *laughing* Glad to hear that you think that, I just need to get a good pilot and we can get those up and flying. Now I have a question for you...

Y/N: Oh, so we're doing it this way? Alright, hit me with it.

Harry: Alright, I know about the 7 brothers you have, but I want to know a little bit more about your 8th brother, Peter L/N.

Time then froze as harsh memories came back to me of what happened to Peter. I was then filled with a sudden rage.

Y/N: How. Do. You. Know. About. Him?

I spat with venom, as soon as I said that Harry got a little nervous

Harry: Uh... there is no need to worry, I just got some hospital records having to do with Peter, something about a hunting accident... let's move on to another subject.

Y/N: I would highly recommend that...

Harry then pulled out and manila folder, opened it, and proceed to look over it.

Harry: If all that is on your file is true, you are highly educated...

Y/N: Yes I am, I got a Doctorate degree at the University of Copenhagen which I started when I was 16, and I started medical school when I was 17 to become a Trauma surgeon.

Harry: Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would mean you're still in your residency period right?

Y/N: Correct, I'm just been doing it through the military, both in the field and at military hospitals. Luckily this is my last year of residency as it only last 3 years for me.

Harry: Wow, you've been doing a lot haven't you?

Y/N: Yeah, although some past experience has benefitted me and helped me get into an accelerated track.

Harry: Let me guess, you gained this "experience" when you were in the resistance group as a medic. 

Y/N: Correct, we gave those Russian insurgents hell...

Harry: Yeah, I remember seeing something about your resistance group on the news when I was 19, you really did give them a fight. Do you want to tell me anything about those times or not?