Chapter 18: Hunt for Two

October 27, 2023

McAllen, Texas, USA

1:45 AM CDT

Diamondback POV:

I sat on the ground of a locked public bathroom leaning against the wall. Underneath my leg, a small pool of blood started to form as the gauze Radley packed in and started to become over-soaked with blood. Radley was trying his best to help me out, using the medical knowledge that his brother  Y/N taught him years ago and my IFAK. Right now he was trying to find some tools to do some fancy surgical stuff with.

Diamondback: Radley, just put a tourniquet on me, and let's get out of here!

Radley: Once you start trying to walk that tourniquet is going to fall off, plus it looks suspicious in public.

Diamondback: At least hand me my bag!

Radley handed me my bag and I pulled out the radio to contact Poker.

Diamondback: *On radio* Poker this is Diamondback do you copy?

Poker: *on radio* Solid copy, are you guys over yet? How's it going?

Diamondback: *on radio* Well, I am currently bleeding on the floor of a public bathroom at Denny's...

Poker: ...

Diamondback: *on radio* Yeah, never thought I would have to say that...

Poker: *on radio* What happened!

Diamondback: *on radio* Rainbow found us somehow, they tried to stop us from crossing over. They killed our bodyguard and they got me in the thigh. Radley was able to escape unharmed and he had to carry me to safety.

Poker: *on the radio* They are probably coming after you two right now! Once you get patched up meet us at the 7/11 and me, Blizzard, and a handful of sicarios will come to pick you guys up.

Diamondback: *on radio* Yeah we will meet you at the 7/11, don't bring the sicarios though, we need to stay discreet.

Poker: *on radio* How are we supposed to defend ourselves if they send the entire military after us?

Diamondback: *on radio* If they send the entire military after us then we will do what we always do when our backs are against the wall.

Poker: *on the radio* Alright, I'll send the Sicarios over to the crossing location to secure that area, and then me and Blizzard will come to you guys, so stay near the 7/11.

Diamondback: *on the radio* Sounds like a plan, make sure you two wear a trench coat or something to cover up your gear, although it's Texas we don't want to risk bringing any attention to ourselves.

Poker: *on radio*  Copy, going radio silent now.

Radley: Well, your leg is mostly patched up now, you should be able to walk on it without it bleeding. You'll still be limping a bit though.

Diamondback: Thank you, this is pretty good work!

Radley: Eh, had to improvise a bit, but it should hold.

Diamondback: Your brother taught you well, is he still in the Jaeger Corps?

Radley; From what I know, yes he is... we should probably get going...

Diamondback: Alright, give me some pain meds, and let's head down to the 7/11.

Radley: Wait, what about the mess in here? And your bloody clothing?

Diamondback: The mess in the bathroom we'll leave as a surprise for the Janitor, just leave some cash for him. As for the clothes, we'll just have to lay low until we get to the 7/11 and see if there is anything there we could buy.