Chapter 1

How did I end up getting such terrible friends? What happened to my old ones?

I looked across the classroom at Macy who seemed happy with her new life without me, listening to the teacher like the goody-two shoes she is. The. I looked over at Stella who was happily sharing fruit snacks (secretly from the teacher of course) with Janet, a girl who is always hungry.

It's strange how we all ended up in the same English class.

"Ms. Vasquez, are you focused?" I heard Ms. Heart say. I moved my glance over to her.

"I'm totally focused." I said with sarcasm.

"Oh really? Then what's a proverb?"

"A verb that ends in ly?"

"Ms. Vasquez, are we in the second grade?"

"No...." What is wrong with this teacher?

"Pay attention now." she said. Only I didn't obey. I decided instead, to look over at Stella who smirked at me. I gave her an evil glare in revenge.

I raised my hand.

"Yes, Ms Vasquez?"

"I saw Janet and Stella eating fruit snacks."

She glanced over to where Janet and Stella were sitting. Janet was slowly chewing while Stella grabbed the bag.

"Janet and Garret please switch spots." Ms. Heart announced.

As they switched seats, I decided to smirk at Stella.

I got one goody-two shoes down, just got one more to go.