Chapter 22

All day I kept replaying the scene in my head.

Did I just really stand up to her?

I smirked, super proud of myself. Wow.

During passing period, a lot of people from that class wanted to talk to me. They said things like:

"You're really brave!"

"I wish I had the guts to do that."

"That made my day!"

"I can't believe you did that."

"What kind of idiot are you?"

The last one was from Stella, which is odd because she's not even in that class. Word travels fast, I guess.

****

After school, I got a text from Connor.

Hey want to go to Yogurtland? On me. It said.

I read the text a couple of times before I could respond.

Sure. Mom is working late anyway. I sent back

Great. Meet you in the front near the flagpole.

I hobbled over to the flagpole mentally complaining about my crutches. When I eventually got there, Connor was standing there waiting for me.

"Hey," I said.

"You ready?" He asked.

"Yep," I responded. We walked over there (well he walked. I hopped). Every once in awhile he would help me walk, and it was nice of him. I told him I didn't need help even though I did. Badly.

When the long walk was over I told him what I wanted and sat down to rest my feet. That was when I realized something.... I didn't tell him what toppings I wanted!

I quickly got up and took my bowl form his hands.

"I got this," I said.

"Are you sure?" He questioned.

"Yea," I responded.

He paid and we sat down at the table near the window. Where I was at before. My back was facing the door.

"Look who it is?" A voice behind me said. I turned and saw Macy there with Ron. I scowled and they laughed.

"Just ignore them," Connor whispered to me.

"Aw would you look at that? Rain has a protecter now. How much did she pay you?" Macy sneered.

I looked at her. She looked at me.

"Some people never get the message," I muttered.

"What was that? 100 dollars?" She laughed.

And then I stood up to face her once again.