Chapter 11

I hopped into my seat the next morning right as the bell rang. I thought for sure I was going to be late.

"Aw man! I was hoping Rain was going to be absent today!!" I heard Stella tell Macy who was sitting right next to her.

"Same." she responded.

"Alright class! Today we will be going to...." Mr. Pratt droned on. He must be the most boring science teacher EVER.

I put my head on my desk and doodled in my notebook.

"Ms. Vasquez, can you answer the question?" I heard him say 5 long minutes later.

"What was it?" I said feeling really groggy.

"What is the scientific method? You should know because I just explained it."

"It's.... uh..... a method that.... is... uh.... scientific...?" I answered.

"See you after class."

I slouched in my seat after hearing those words. You got to be kidding me! It's not my fault he's so boring!

38 long minutes later, the bell finally rang. I got out of my seat and was ready to leave when I remembered I had to stay after.

"Rain? Can I speak to you over here please? I'll give you a note for your next class," he said.

"Fine.." I replied, walking over to his desk in the process.

"I've noticed your grades are slipping and you've been having trouble focusing in class. Would you like to tell me about it?"

"Well, there are some things I need to get off my chest. I'll tell you everything." I said, excited that I was missing PE.