Chapter 13

I let out an ear-piercing scream in pain as the other runners kept running. I panicked, and, not knowing what to do, I screamed for help. My ankle was throbbing.

Then Ms. Darwin's teacher aid, Connor, jogged over. He was only a grade ahead of me.

"Rain is everything alright?" He asked, kneeling in front of me.

"I think I broke my ankle," I said, breathing heavily.

"Alright, I'll take you to the nurse and tell Ms. Darwin to give you an excused absent so you don't have to make up the mile."

"Connor you don't have to do that," I replied not actually knowing what he was trying to do.

"But I want to," he begged. Then he grabbed my arm and lifted me off of the floor. He held me up as I limped over to Ms. Darwin.

By then everyone was on their second lap, and I watched them go by.

Then Janeth passed me and stuck her tongue out.

I hate her.

"Ms. Darwin, I'm going to take her to nurse. She says she broke her ankle, so she won't be able to make it up," Connor said to her.

"Alright I'll giver her an excused. Go ahead," she said.

"Come on, Rain," he mumbled. Then we started walking to nurse.

Well, he was walking. I was limping.

Since the nurses office was far from the field area, it took awhile to get there.

"So, Rain, where'd you get the name?" He asked.

"I just think it was raining the day I was born and they were looking outside--" I started to explain.

"That's a lie," he said matter-of-factly.

He looked me right in the eye. How did he know...?

"Ugh fine. My name is Rain because when my parents went on their first date, they were at a lake. They were sitting on their little picnic blanket, and were looking up at the sky. Then it started to rain, and that's when they kissed, under the rain. When they pulled away, the rain stopped and there was a big rainbow lighting up the sky," I explained.

"Whoa that's so romantic," he replied with a twinkle in his eye," so why is your brothers name Noah?"

"That was my mother's father's name," I stated.

"Oh," he said.

We had finally arrived at the nurses office.

"So what's up?" Ms. Plooro asked.

"Rain here says she broke her ankle. Can you check it out?" Connor asked.

"Of course," she half-grinned. Ms. Plooro was in her 40's I would say, and she had black hair and green eyes.

"Yea it's fractured. I'll call your parents. Connor, it's ok if you leave," she informed us.

"Alright. Bye Rain," he said.

"Bye," I responded.

___________________

A/N

So what do you think?

Do you guys have any ship names yet? 😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉

Hehe, well I'll here from you in the comments! Thanks for reading!

-A