Chapter 20

I sat down in my seat and groaned. I hope this day doesn't get ruined!

Just then Macy walks in with a small little grin on her face. She sits in her seat.

"Why are you so happy?" I heard Janeth ask her.

"Cause Ron and I... We kissed..." She replied.

"Oh my gosh! You go girl!!!" Janeth replied, playfully slapping Macy's shoulder.

Macy giggled in amusement, probably from all the attention.

I rolled my eyes.

"Okay class. Is Stella not here today?" Ms. Heart asked the class.

There were some murmers and then the door slowly opened.

"Sorry I'm late!" said Stella as she walked into the class and took her seat.

I zoned out after that. I kind of felt my eyes get droopy and I put my head onto the table.

And I fell alseep.

About 5 minutes later, I woke up to feeling something cold and drippy on my back.

I jerked up and yelled "EW WHATS THAT?!" Not realizing I was interrupting an important lesson.

Then I heard laughter.

A girl named Lara Collins was holding a cracked egg.

Seriously who brings eggs with them to school?!

"Rain what's the matter??" Ms. Heart asked, clearly annoyed.

"Lara just cracked an egg down my shirt!"

"Alright Rain go clean up in the bathroom. Lara you have detention."

I wobbled out of the classroom feeling everyone's stares.

I walked into the bathroom and stood in front of the sink. The sink had a mirror above it. I leaned my crocuses against the wall.

I splashed my face with water and looked in the mirror. Then, I cautiously took off my shirt and put it under the sink. I ran the water and tried to run out the egg.

After I got most of the egg out, I turned off the sink and shook out my shirt. When it was dry enough, I put it back on.

The cold shirt felt good on my back. I took a deep breath.

Let's do this.

I confidently walked back to the classroom with my damp shirt and sat down. The rest of the class I took notes, and kept my eye on the teacher. When the bell finally rang, I was the first one out the door. Even with my crutches.

During passing period, I ran into Connor.

"Hey! Sorry about that. I was just too excited to get out of there."

"Why? What's the matter?"

"Lara Collins cracked and egg down my shirt."

"She is going to pay--"

"Just let it go. It happens all the time."

"We'll let me know if..."

"It's okay, Connor. Thanks."

Then I hurried to my next class. But as soon as I got to the hallway, the bell rang.

Just great...