Vol. 2, Chapter 7.5- Other POVs

Midoriya's POV

I learned that the world is unequal at a young age and realized it the hard way.

When I was just four years old, I received the devastating diagnosis of being "quirkless." It meant that I was born without any superpowers, without the extraordinary abilities that everyone else seemed to possess so effortlessly.

Ever since that diagnosis, my world began to crumble around me. My friends, once filled with laughter and camaraderie, started to avoid me. They began to see me as different, an outcast and their avoidance eventually became much more painful—they began to bully me.

The people I thought I could rely on, including my best friend Katsuki, or Kacchan as I fondly called him, began taunting me mercilessly. They mocked my dreams of becoming a hero. They told me to give up as if my quirkless status made me unworthy of pursuing my aspirations.

But despite relentless bullying and despair, I refused to abandon my dream of becoming a hero. I couldn't let go of that burning passion deep within me, no matter how many people tried to extinguish it. I held onto the belief that heroes aren't defined solely by their quirks but by their courage, determination, and the strength of their hearts.

That's why I consciously decided to take notes on the quirks of heroes. I became an avid observer, meticulously studying and analyzing the abilities that others possessed.

It wasn't just a means to compensate for my lack of powers; it was a way to learn, understand, and find alternative paths toward achieving my dreams.

Through my dedication to understanding quirks, I wanted to uncover strategies and tactics that could level the playing field. I wanted to show the world, and perhaps even myself, that one's worth as a hero isn't solely reliant on possessing a quirk.

But it was not enough.

Four years ago, Kacchan was bullying an innocent person with his goons.

I stood up in front of the victim in my attempt to protect him.

Kacchan and his goons intimidated me by activating their quirks, and it succeeded. While scared, I realized I could not defend myself and others due to my quirkless status.

But then, an older boy with light blue hair intervened and told Kacchan that he shouldn't beat other people.

Then another kid intervened, and he had blonde hair with a black lightning-shaped streak on the left of his side fringe. He joked about being the future husband of Auntie Mitsuri, which made me chuckle.

Kacchan was unhappy and decided to attack the blonde stranger with his quirk. But the stranger casually sidestepped to dodge his attack, making Kacchan trip.

Kacchan's goons tried to help him, but they were scared by the older kid with light blue hair and ran away.

The blonde stranger then coated his body with electricity and gave Kacchan a scary look, making me send shivers down my spine.

Kacchan got scared and ran away.

At that time, I couldn't help but be amazed and grateful for what he did.

The older stranger with light blue hair helped me get up.

"Hey, you! The one with the green hair!" I heard the blond kid call out to me.

I was startled by how he called me, but I replied nonetheless.

"Y-Yes!?" I replied.

The stranger then walked in front of me.

"If you want to become a hero, then work harder! Learn some martial arts, exercise, and train! You cannot always pity yourself for your guiltlessness!"

I was shocked that this stranger knew about my dream of becoming a hero.