Chapter 9 - Broken Angel

Gina's landlord was pretty prepared for our meeting, and we end up finalizing all the details and paper work for my tenancy before I leave

Gina's landlord was pretty prepared for our meeting, and we end up finalizing all the details and paper work for my tenancy before I leave. The flat has already been cleaned and prepared for a new tenant, so he hands me the keys right away, making everything official and final.

No going back now.

I had planned on making a quick surprise visit to an old friend after this meeting since we are in the same part of town, so I tell Ross my next destination and we head there right away.

We arrive at Bishop Consortium International, a large, glassy multi story building with a green roof at the top.

I look up at the initials high on the side of the building proudly. My Sister's family must feel very proud to own and run such a huge Company and its consortiums.

The building stands out majestically in it's environment and has the potential to make everyone who walks in through it's revolving doors feel like a top level executive or someone important about to broker a very important deal.

As Ross and I walk through the door, I feel no different, the high ceilings and shiny interior very charasmatic and mesmerizing.

As soon as we enter the building, Ross takes the lead and guides me to the elevator and presses the button to the twelveth floor. I give him an appreciative look through the elevator mirrors and he smiles and looks away.

After turning a few corners, I stop at a door I was directed to and knock, my excitement preventing me from standing still...a part of me is wondering if I was directed to the right office, because the last time I was here, this is not where I came.

"Come in." Resounds a feminine voice I recognize, and I twist the door handle and push it open with my hip, while trying to keep the contents of the cups in my hands from spilling.

I briefly make eye contact with the office bearer before closing the door.

"Ahhhh.... Sienna?" Antonella gasps in surprise, standing up from behind her desk swiftly.

"Hey." I smile widely.

"Oh My God." She comes around her desk and we hug as best as we can with the cups in my hand.

"What a surprise...I'm so sorry, I was going to come and visit you. I was just talking to Marco about it the other day and just this morning, I told him I was coming to see you to over the weekend." She mumbles hurriedly.

"That's alright...to be honest, everyone has been kind of busy since I have been here, I understand." I brush her off.

"Oh my gosh...come, sit, please." She points to a creme colored three sitter office couch on the left and she joins me.

"Oh, here you go, you still like hot chocolate, right...I got this for you." I give her one of the cups.

"Always, thank you." She replies with a smile.