Chapter 34 - Bejeweled

A/N..Hey guys...first of all...I am sorry for the unplanned hiatus...I had some personal struggles and stuff going on that was out of my control and barely had time left to access my Wattpad....just got back now and gone through your messages and check ups.. I really appreciate it..hope you are all ok....thank you for your patience and support by sticking around...sending my best wishes to every one of you..much love to you ❤️🥰🥰.

BTW: long long chapter ahead.

When Rome is ready to leave for work, I walk out with him, pausing at the door to say our goodbyes just as Glenn is coming in for her work day

She smiles at us, a picture perfect scene of me carrying his work bag while Bear and Beta wag their tails around us.

"Good luck with your meetings...break a leg....and think of me sometime." he says as he grabs the bag from me while pulling me in for a hug.

"Thank you..and I always think of you."

With a kiss on my forehead, he winks and walks away.

I turn to observe him strolling effortlessly towards the car, his hand comfortably gripped around the leather bag's handle. The car emits a chirp as he remotely unlocks a white and black 4 x 4 Crew cab Ford F-150 Platinum - one of his six vehicles. Among his collection are a G-Wagon, two SUVs, a vintage 80s Mercedes, and a red Jeep Wrangler from his college years, which he meticulously maintains for its sentimental significance, though he rarely drives it nowadays.

He swings open the rear door, casually tossing his bag inside, then lowers his shades from his forehead to perch them on the bridge of his nose before reaching for the driver's seat door. Enthralled by his every move, my eyes fixate on him with profound fascination. I could observe him undertake any task, no matter how dull, and it would still captivate me more than anything else in the world.

When he starts to get in, it suddenly hits me that I won't see him for quite a number of hours.

"Hey." I call out.

With bare feet and clad in a short cream gown, I dash across the paved driveway, the chilly air sending shivers down my spine and goosebumps prickling my skin.

I collide with him as I eagerly throw myself into his arms, rising on tiptoes and unintentionally stepping on his shoe as I wrap my arms around his neck. My chest presses against his, eliciting a pleased hum from him as he appreciates the softness, and he caresses for the back of my head that I just buried in the crook of his neck.

After a brief moment, I begin to withdraw, but he firmly holds onto my hips, keeping me snugly pressed against him.

"Isn't this nice?" he inquires, brushing a strand of hair away from my forehead.

"What do you mean?" I ask, though I have a suspicion of his intent.

"This moment, us being here together... waking up and mapping out our day, saying goodbye like this." he remarks, his tone ambiguous between statement and question.