Chapter 20 - This Love

When Miss 'I can do it by myself' meets Mr. 'Sit down!'

*

Coming down from the throes of ecstasy, my mind clears, and I can't believe what just happened right now, what we have done

The events of this day just keep surprising me, first it was the accident this morning, and having to spend most of the morning at the hospital, then his mother and sister showed up to his place unexpectedly, and even more unexpected was Rhea showing up here to accost me...and now this...but to be honest, right now, I'm elated..... I don't think there is a word for this level of happiness I am feeling cuddled up on Roman's lap and having his hands gently caress my back in the solitude of my bedroom.

I twist my head sideways into the crook of his neck and all I can smell is him, his cologne mixed with the scent of his perspiration that is now mixed with mine...and it smells divine, intoxicating...I don't think there is a way we could possibly get any closer to each other physically right now, but if there was, I'd do it...I am even ready to crawl up into his skin and just stay there.

I smile to myself at the slightly possessive and psychotic thought I just had and wonder what he would say if he knew the thoughts about him that are running through my head right now.

I rear my head back to gaze at him briefly.

He looks so relaxed with his head hang back against the back of the chair. His skin is shiny, glistening with the sweat we just worked up..and his chest is moving rhythmically up and down with each breath in a relaxed manner. I press my fingers over his heart to catch the upward movement as he inhales, and let it run down his pecs to his abs......Gosh! he is so perfect....and mine.

My gaze lowers and I wonder if we did any damage to his injury.

Biting my lip in concentration, I lightly graze my fingers I remember him to be hurt and watch his face for a reaction..but it stays stoic.

"Are you in pain?" I ask hoarsely and notice him smile at the way my voice comes out, causing me to clear my throat.

"No."

"Liar"

He smiles further and finally opens his eyes, gazing directly into my mine.

For a moment, everything stilled...my heart and my breathing. The intensity of his gaze makes me feel like he just physically touched me with his hands, causing goosebumps to appear on my skin.

I hate how easily he mentally throws me off balance with just his gaze...that has always been my Achilles heel with him and he knows, I tumble and weaken under that intense scrutiny.

"So, what lesson have we learned today?" I ask him critically.

"Uhmm....." he rubs the wet hairs clinging to the side of my face and my forehead, his eyes following the movement of his fingers.