Kabanata 32

Kabanata 32

Soulful

I stayed standing in front of the restaurant. It was indeed a Chinese restaurant. Malakas ang kabog ng aking puso hindi ito mapakali at kinakabahan. Pumikit ako mg mariin at pumasok na sa loob.

"Name, ma'am?" Unang bungad sa akin ng receptionist.

"Deira Frostine Ovalles."

Nanlaki ang kanyang mata at nilingon ang waiter. Tinawag niya ito at sinabi ang aking pangalan. Nilingon ako ng waiter.

"Right this way ma'am." Nilahad nito ang daan.

Iginiya agad ako ng waiter sa silid kung saan naghihintay si Heath. Once the door opens, our eyes met. He stood up and starts to walk towards me. Iniwan kami ng waiter at sinira ang pinto.

"Hey," he whispered soft and slow.

He welcome me with a kisss on the cheek. But I stopped him and pushed him gently on his chest. Iniwas ko rin ang aking mukha.

"Enlighten me please, why are you mad?" Bulong niyang sinabi

Nilampasan ko siya at nagtungo sa aking upoan. I place my bag on the chair before dragging it. Heath was behind me eyeing my every move. Like I was a mathematical exam that needed a solution.

Umopo siya sa aking harapan.

"Baby?" He said trying to catch my attention.

I grab the menu. Bumuntong hininga si Heath at tinaas ang kamay para sa waiter na naghihintay sa gilid ng pinto. Lumapit ang waiter at naghintay sa aking gilid. While saying my order Heath watch me carefully.

Tinalikuran na kami ng waiter at nagtungo na sa pinto. I played with my water when i heard the door open. I didn't look back my eyes stayed at the water in front of me.

"Sweetheart?"

Ikinagulat ko ng marinig ang tinig ni Mommy. Nag angat ako ng tingin Mommy went inside. She was dressed in a Chanel black simple dress with a long black and white coat wrapped over it. Her hair was pulled back into a low bun. Every stride she takes, her heel clacks. The restaurant is ideal for Mommy. It was just too refined and exquisite like her. Even at her age, she was stunning.

Heath stood up. I stood up too.

Mom's eyes went to Heath before it drifted back to mine. Her eyes say she's shocked to see me with Giselle's father but she doesn't let it be visible instead she wears a gentle smile.

"I was having dinner with my friends when I saw you enter the restaurant. I wanted to check who you are with..." Binalingan niya si Heath ng tingin bago ako nilapitan para halikan sa pisngi.

Lumapit rin siya kay Heath upamg maki beso. Heath bent down to reach Mommy.

"Good evening Mrs. Ovalles." Heath said in a very formal tone.

Mom gave Heath a friendly grin. Her meaningful gaze fell on mine. I'm not sure what Mom thinks of Heath. I recall her not liking him the last time. That's why I traveled to America after finding out I was pregnant by him. They don't like a Higuera.

After the problem our company faces we gulped our pride and seek for their help. And here we are having a fine relationship with the Higuera's. Mommy's now smiling at a Higuera. No more frowns.

I moistened my lower lip and pursed it.

"Good evening too, Heath... I'm happy to see you with my daughter. Are the two of you getting back toge -"

"Mom." Pigil ko kay Mommy. I really have no time for this.

"Oh! I'm sorry did I interrupt an important discussion?"