Chapter 61

The WWE draft was coming up later tonight. To be honest, I was a bit nervous. I didn't want Roman and I to be separated. We would barely be able to see each other. It hurt just thinking about it.

"Are you okay baby?" Roman asked. I looked over at him sitting on the couch.

"Yeah, just nervous about the draft, that's all." I murmured. He took a deep breath and got up. He walked over to me and put his hands on my petite shoulders.

"Y/n, we won't be separated. I promise. If we somehow are, I will talk to Hunter. But we will be together. They rarely separate married couples. I promise." His low voice explained. I sighed and nodded my head. He gave me a kiss on my temple and walked back to the couch. I smiled and went to the bathroom to take a quick shower before the draft tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The stage was all set up. Triple H stood there with his paper of all of the superstars who were drafted. The superstars were all seated in some seats in front of Hunter. I sat by Roman, holding his hand tightly. The stadium started filling up more and more by the minute.

As soon as the show started, the lights dimmed a little. The crowd cheered for a good minute before Hunter began to speak.

"Welcome everyone to this years WWE Draft Pick. We have many superstars here tonight and we are looking forward to seeing where they are going with their careers."

The crowd cheered loudly. Hunter stood up there with a proud smile on his face. I squeezed Roman's hand tightly. He gently squeezed back, relieving some of my tensed nerves.

"Our first pick of the night goes to Friday Night Smackdown..."

Hunter unfolded his paper and looked down. He let out a little grin before looking up at everyone.

"Our first pick from Smackdown. They select 2 individuals drafted as one. They are undoubtedly the power couple of this company... The Universal Champion, Roman Reigns and Y/n L/n!"

The crowd cheers with excitement. I look over at Roman and let out some happy giggles. Everyone looks over at us as I embrace him in a tight hug. There was cameramen on us, but I didn't care. I hugged Roman for as long as I wanted.

"I told you we were staying together. He whispered in my ear. I smiled and pecked his lips quickly. Some awe's from the crowd were sent through the stadium. I smiled and looked back up at Hunter, who continued talking.

"Our next pick is from Monday Night Raw. They selected, the monster among men, Braun Strowman!"

I felt somewhat relieved after Hunter said that. Braun somewhat scared me. He was a giant compared to me. The crowd cheered for him.

"This next pick is from Friday Night Smackdown. The selected, once again, 2 individuals drafted as one. The lunatic fringe; Dean Ambrose, and The Legit Boss; Sasha Banks!"

I squeal with excitement and look over at the two. They were hugging it out, just like Roman and I were. I was happy that I will have Sasha and Dean with us at Smackdown. It's going to be different because I have been in Raw my entire WWE career, unlike Roman, who has been on Smackdown before.

The ceremony continued, and the draft ended about an hour later. All of my friends ended up on Smackdown with me, which surprised me. Even the Bella twins were on smackdown. I was really happy with the results of tonight. It was absolutely amazing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was in our hotel room relaxing on the bed after a long day. I was wiped, and it was only 9pm. Usually I am not tired at this time. I rested my head against the fluffed pillow and scrolled through my phone, waiting for Roman to come out from the bathroom. I liked some of my friends posts.

I scrolled for another 5 minutes until I started to get a call from my mom. I was a bit confused on why she was calling me this late at night. It must be important. I pressed the accept button and brought the phone up to my ear. "Hello?" I started.

"Y-y/n-"

"Mom? What happened? Are you okay?" I frantically asked. I knew something was wrong by the way her voice was trembling uncontrollably.

"K-Kenzy, you need to come h-home n-now." She said.

"What about Kenzy? Is she okay?" I asked, sitting up and leaning against the backboard of the bed.

"She got i-in a car accident."

I felt my heart drop. I felt like I couldn't breath. My 21 year old sister got in a car accident?

"I-i-is she okay?" I stutter. I heard my mom's sobs through the other side of the line. "Mom answer me!" I said, starting to freak out a little.

"She is in the E-ER." She cried. The lump in my throat grew bigger, making it feel even more harder to breath. "I am booking a flight as soon as possible." I answer right away. My mom continues to cry on the other side of the line. Eventually tears of my own released and crept down my cheeks.

"P-please hurry, she i-is in surgery." My mom said. "O-ok." I responded. I hung up the phone and stared at the wall in front of me. This was so horrible that it doesn't even feel believable. I gripped onto the bed sheets tightly, letting out sobs of my own.

I heard the bathroom door open, and Roman came out with his hair damp after his shower. He looked up at me and instantly knew something was wrong.

"Y/n? Baby whats wrong?" He immediately asked, coming over to my side of the bed and kneeling down. It took me a good minute to control my breaths and hiccups. Roman rubbed my arm slowly, trying to calm me down.

"K-Kenzy. She g-got in an a-accident." I barely spoke. Roman stayed silent, but he was obviously shocked about this news. "My mom wants me to go home to her." I continued.

"Thats fine." Roman said barely above a whisper. He crawled up onto the bed and held me tight in his arms. I cried intensely into his chest, barely able to control my breathing. Kenzy was one of the best things that has ever happened to me. We were sisters. Best friends. Inseparable. She's too young to be gone. She can't be gone. She will fight. I have seen it my whole life.

Roman rubbed my back with comfort and let me cry out. He quickly booked flights back to y/h/t tomorrow so we can go back home and to the hospital. I barely got any sleep that night. I technically stayed up the whole night crying and worrying. Please, god let her be okay...

-----------------

Our plane just landed, and me and Roman hurried out of the airplane. We got a rental car and quickly drove to the hospital. I was shaking with fear the whole time. I had dark bags under my eyes due to the lack of sleep I got last night. We parked in the parking lot and made our way inside the hospital.

"I'm here for Kenzy l/n." I said to the receptionist. She clicked her way through her computer and looked back at me a few seconds later.

"She is currently in craniotomy. The surgery will be done in about an hour, we will keep you updated. For now you can go wait in the waiting area if you would like or you can come back in an hour." She said, pushing her glasses up from her nose.

"Okay, thank you." I said. I turned around to Roman, who was looking at me with pain, due to my suffering. "Can we wait in the waiting area?" I whisper. He nods slightly and kissed my head. I let out a sigh and we made our way over to the waiting area. As soon as we arrived, I saw my mom and my uncle sitting there.

"M-mom?" I whimpered lightly. She looked up at my and sighed in relief.

"Oh thank god your here." She cried. She got up and I grasped her in a hug. We both cried lightly in each others arms. Roman went over and sat by my uncle. We returned to our seats, silently suffering.

About 45 minutes later, a nurse came out and walked over to my mom. She had a really guilty look on her face, which made me not feel too well about this.

"Carly L/n?" She said in a low tone. My mom looked up at her with sympathy.

"How is my daughter? Is she okay?" She asked frantically. This nurse took a deep breath and lowered her head a little, then looking back at us.

"The surgery was unsuccessful, I am so sorry to say she didn't make it."